Friend of the Blog John sent the above photo earlier. His kids were at the game, and from what I can tell it was a perfect day for baseball. I can almost smell the hot dogs (or the Lobel’s sandwiches) here in California.
I watched portions of the game, as I tried to squeeze in a little work, but I saw enough to know the following:
- Garcia gave us another excellent performance. (Who would have thought he’d be this consistent? Raise your hand.)
- Granderson must be spritzing himself with Holy Water. He’s receiving some kind of divine intervention.
- Andruw Jones lives! His homers were not cheapies!
- Tex appears to have his stroke back. Now it’s time for him to go on an absolute tear.
- Joba made me nervous in the 8th, but no damage.
- Clap clap clap for Mo and his 1,000th appearance and here’s to 2,000. (OK, 1,500.)
- Poor Jo-Jo Reyes. He can’t buy a win. Maybe he should change his name. Jo-Jo rhymes with this.
The Yankees won another series, and I’m a happy camper. I’m so happy that I’m not even flinching as I post something about the Red Sox. Well, about Red Sox fans. Remember the Nine More Outs guys? They’re the comedy troupe that goes to different ballparks posing as that team’s fans and then making videos about the experience. For their latest adventure they went to Fenway and pretended to be Yankee haters. More specifically, Jeter haters. Here’s the video. Don’t watch it if violence against stuffed animals is disturbing to you. (But do hang around for the last line of the video with the woman saying…Never mind, you’ll see.)