For awhile it seemed as if the Yankees might get no-hit by Edwin Jackson and the White Sox and still win the game, didn’t it? But I kept saying, “We need to score on more than walks.” And then we did.
It all started with our slugger, Babe Gardner.
Okay, so Gardy isn’t exactly the Sultan of Swat, but he’s gone from not hitting at all to smacking balls into the seats. Odd but welcome.
He got things started and once the floodgates opened they stayed open. I do love blowouts, I really do. Here’s what else I love:
- When CC notches a win without having to labor through it.
- When a sub like Nunez gets on base a lot.
- When a sub like Molina contributes.
- When a kid like Pendleton pitches to the finish line.
- When Swisher finally joins the home run derby.
- When we don’t have to watch Lillibridge annoy us with great lucky catches.
- When we can win a game even without Tex at first (although I’m not into making a habit of that).
- When I can listen to the game on my iPhone while I hang out at the beach and wait for the sunset.