It’s good to be home, don’t get me wrong, but after a month-plus in Connecticut it’s a little weird too.
- It’s not raining. (In CT it never stopped raining, or so it seemed.)
- My body is still on Eastern Standard Time.
- There’s way too much mail to sort through.
- I have to get back to doing real life things, like going to the dentist tomorrow.
- I watched the Republican debate at 5 instead of at 8. (Does Rick Perry have a neck? His collar was really high – or something.)
- I’m hungry for no good reason.
- My car’s tires are kind of flat.
- There are ants in the house.
- There’s a dog in the neighborhood that suddenly barks a lot.
- I’m out of new books for my Kindle. (Suggestions are welcome.)
- I need to resume my writing routine.
- I need to resume my walking routine.
- I need to call friends and say, “I’m back.”
- I need to get some sleep.
Vacations are great and I really enjoyed myself while I was away. But it’s hard to re-enter reality.