I know, I know. It’s not a given that Philadelphia will make it into the World Series. They’re just the heavy favorites. But they must be happy the NL won tonight. As for the AL, it wasn’t a particularly successful evening. And yes, I watched parts of the game. Michael had it on and I saw a few innings before wrestling the remote out of his hand and switching to CNN.
Sorry to sound so negative after complaining about Chris Berman in last night’s post, but Joe Buck. Seriously. I understand he has some sort of throat ailment, but must he use that deadpan delivery? It’s numbing.
And, of course, he had to get in a dig about Jeter and called his absence “a hot button issue,” even after Bud Selig said he understood why the Captain had opted out and wasn’t the least bit perturbed about it.
- Tyler Clippard got the win. Our little Tyler. Maybe we should have held onto him.
- Heath Bell ran in from the pen and slid into the mound. Is he nuts?
- Prince Fielder’s price tag went up.
- Brian Wilson’s beard is now as long as my arm and, most likely, filled with a year’s worth of food.
- Dave Robertson looked very happy to be there, if a little nervous.
- It’s confirmed: I don’t get a charge out of watching anybody but Yankees.
Thankfully (for me anyway), the carnival is over and real baseball will resume shortly.