- I still hate it when the Yankees lose in extra innings, even though it’s only April 5th.
- This team is capable of losing even when CC pitches a masterpiece.
- Andruw Jones might work out after all.
- Tex’s early-season offense is no fluke.
- Rafael Soriano cannot pitch in consecutive games, apparently.
- Boone Logan cannot pitch at all, apparently.
- Dave Robertson is the forgotten man in the pen, apparently.
- Luis Ayala is the guy Joe will go to when there’s no one else, apparently.
- Jeter got a hit, bringing his total to 2929, but it wasn’t the hit we needed.
- We are not Joe Nathan’s Daddy.
Yes, this was a tough one to swallow – literally. I was trying to eat dinner while the game went into extras and it wasn’t easy choking down the food while the Yankees coughed up the lead. With Garcia going tomorrow night and the bullpen used to the max tonight, who will pitch in the later innings besides Joba?
You really have to win games when your ace is on the mound, Yankees. Your bad. And enough with the homers. Let’s try getting some hits, which is how you create rallies.
For some reason this game really made my head explode.
Update: I’m adding the 11th thing I learned tonight: Soriano doesn’t stay and talk to the media after games he blows.