I mean seriously. Take a look.
Does it not seem that what the writers/producers/studio did was copy the script from the original movie and tweak it ever so slightly?
- It’s the same guys.
- Yet again, one of them is about to get married.
- They take a bachelor party trip.
- They get so drunk they wake up the next morning and can’t remember what happened.
- They find a monkey in their hotel room instead of a tiger.
- Instead of broken teeth, the character who’s a dentist has a tattoo on his face.
- They set about trying to figure out what happened the night before.
- The fiancee calls frantically to say, “Where are you???”
- High jinks ensue.
- They come home.
- Funny pics accompany the end credits.
I usually defend the movie business when people say, “There’s no originality in Hollywood anymore.” Not this time. Even I have my limits.
But don’t take my word for it. Read today’s review in The New York Times.