I caught a few innings. My random thoughts:
- Rain delays are still the pits.
- Rangers fans wave towels as manically as Tigers fans.
- Verlander didn’t look as intimidating as he did against the Yankees.
- I kept wishing we were still playing.
- Terry Francona doesn’t have a big future as a broadcaster.
- Joe Buck is still terrible.
- The game was a close one but I doubt the ratings will be any higher than reruns of “Law and Order.”
- I was happy that Austin Jackson knocked in Detroit’s two runs, since he used to be “ours.”
- Ogando needs to get that large facial cyst examined.
- I prefer teams that wear blue to teams that wear red.
Mostly, I was bored stiff.