Get Up Close and Personal With the Captain!

June 16th, 2014 by Jane Heller

How’s this for an off-day offer: spend a game day with Jeter!

Seriously!

It’s all part of his Turn 2 Foundation, and it’s one cool opportunity for Yankee fans, so listen up. The Turn 2 Foundation has announced a raffle – a ticket costs as little as $10 – to benefit the Foundation, and here’s what the lucky winner gets. Ready?

• Private pre-game lunch for 4 with Jeter at one of his favorite NY restaurants
  • A ride with him to the ballpark
  • VIP behind-the-scenes tour of the Stadium courtesy of the Yankees
  • Pre-game batting practice status in front of the Yankee dugout
  • Autographing time with members of the team as they take the field
  • 4 seats in Jeter’s private suite

Additional information can be found here.

What a deal, right? And it’s all for a great cause. Who’s in?

woman raises hand

Tags: , , ,

8 Responses to “Get Up Close and Personal With the Captain!”

OMG! My daughter would pass out if she was that close to Jeter. This is going to make the foundation a fortune…who wouldn’t put in for a chance to meet The Captain before he retires?! Wow! I’m kind of glad to have a night off (no baseball) – let’s hope we can beat the teams in our division at Yankee Stadium. GO YANKEES !!!

I think I would pass out too, Diane! But so worth giving it a try.

3. john adamski says:

Red Sox fans in “hiberNATION” up here in Maine. I cannot even get anyone mad at me.

Great American Race cars and drivers are arriving here in Ogunquit for race start Saturday from here to Florida. Car peoples dream. All kinds of sharp vehicles. Check it out on the web.

Enjoyable evenings listening to Yanks so far this week.

They may be in hiberNation right now, John, but things can turn around in a hurry this early in the season. Don’t wake the sleeping giant! Yes, very enjoyable games against Toronto. Will write about this season after today’s finale. Hoping for a sweep, which would have been unthinkable the other day.

It’s amazing, Jane, but no matter where they are in the standings, Toronto always feels like the lesser team when they come to our stadium. Two great games – hope to sweep before The Orioles come into town. The Yankees still won’t be in first place but headed in the right direction. GO YANKEES!!!

Definitely headed in the right direction, Diane. Seems like a crazy year with every team having weaknesses. No idea which will be left standing.

7. Peggy says:

Hi Jane & Fellow Baseball Fans…

It’s been awhile since I wrote because I’ve been very busy. My baby is having her own baby …a girl! We are so excited that another little Yankee fan will be heading our way this October (she has no choice ..haha). Her very first gift was a Yankee dress that I bought for her and she has a tiny Jeter shirt too. So cute! I’m just hoping Jeter is still playing in the playoffs when she is born but I’m also hoping she doesn’t arrive on the day of a playoff game… :). She is due October 12th and her name is Kayleigh.

As for the Yankees ..it’s certainly been a crazy season so far. Thankfully, with the ups and downs of all the other teams in the AL East the boys in pinstripes have hung in there despite losing 3/5 of the rotation and some other major injuries as Tex and Beltan. It could be very interesting till the very end of the season with the way things are going. I’m so excited about Tanaka …he’s been everything advertised and more. Love the poise of this 25 year old and how when they score a run he gets annoyed at himself and just bears down harder. He’s truly one to watch and maybe even the starter for the All-Star game. Whitley has been a pleasant surprise too. What can I say about Betances…he’s been amazing. I know DJ isn’t the best shortstop but I am still hoping he gets his final start in the All-Star game. If just for his career and the way he has handled himself on and off the field I feel he deserves it. He’s a role model not only to his fans but to his peers. Whatever happens …he will always be our All-Star.

I’m going to the game tonight and hoping for the sweep. If Phelps can pitch as well as his last game against the A’s…it’s a real possibility. It’s not easy keeping those Toronto bats quiet but so far so good for the Yankees in this series.

I have my Turn 2 raffle tickets. I bought the $50 package with 7 chances and a plaque of Jeter’s 3,000 hit game with dirt from that day. A few other things are included too. It’s for a good cause so why not and just being able to dream about hanging with DJ is enough for me (I’d probably pass out if I ever won…LOL)

Have a great rest of the week …hopefully, they win tonight and then take care of Baltimore ..GOOOOOOOOOO YANKEES !!!!

Go Yankees 2014 !!!!

Very exciting about the October arrival of Kayleigh, Peggy. You must be counting the days until you meet your granddaughter. Have fun at the game tonight and good luck with the raffle. Hey, you never know, as they say in the lottery slogan.