Happy Spring Training!

February 24th, 2014 by Jane Heller

Spring-schedule

Baseball’s back and so are the Yankees, if with a different look. I’m excited to see the new guys as well as the old standbys. My trusty MLB At Bat app and MLB.TV have been purchased so I’m ready to go. Who will surprise us during spring training? Who will, for example, win the backup catcher’s job? How will the starting pitching rotation line up? How will Jeter’s ankle hold up? Ditto: Tex’s wrist? Who will be at third base on Opening Day in the Bronx? At second? At DH?

It’s the questions that will make this season even more fun – the best reality show on television.

Tags: ,

7 Responses to “Happy Spring Training!”

I’ve always been a fan of Cervelli, Jane, but I don’t think the team leaders have ever had much confidence in him, so I’m going with Romine as the back-up catcher. Third base? I don’t know for sure. And I’m not going to try to make a guess for second base or DH either. Sorry.

2. barbara says:

i am so happy today. it’s opening day. it all begins. i wore a yankee shirt to the gym, earrings are ready for work and i’ll come home and watch yankee baseball. yes i know it’s meaningless but it’s fun to see the youngsters and the new and old faces! let the journey begin. it’s 23 degrees but it feels like spring!

3. barbara says:

it is freezing cold here so after the gym i warmed up with some baseball. nice to see good pitching. i am enjoying the names of spring zoilo, zelous and yangervis. i am ready for their debuts in a few years?

It’s not cold here, Barbara, but we’re having a monsoon! Power outages, floods, mudslides. What a way to put a dent in the drought here in CA. But I did watch the early innings of today’s parade of A-list pitchers: CC, Kuroda and Tanaka. So good seeing them all. CC’s positively svelte!

CC, Kuroda and Tanaka all looked fine…especially for the first outing. I’m sure all of their fastballs will speed up as the preseason progresses, but in the meantime, I think all news is good news. GO YANKEES!!!

6. saphire916 says:

Happy spring training to everyone! It makes me so happy that I can almost bear the freezing temperatures and snow for a few weeks longer.

I had a hard time getting over the loss of Cano, but I’m feeling good about Beltran and his left handed bat. I’m also super psyched about a combination of Gardner, Ellsbury and Nunez’s speed. Stolen bases, anyone? I’m so excited about the beginning of baseball, I’ve been referring to Opening Day and the Yankees Home Opener as holidays. Yay, baseball season!!!

Happy spring training to you too, saphire916!