Ho Ho Ho! Merry Merry!

December 23rd, 2013 by Jane Heller

43-35109-f

Sorry I haven’t posted in awhile, but I couldn’t muster a whole lot of enthusiasm for the arrivals of Brian Roberts and Matt Thornton, though I do hope they’ll be welcome additions to the Yankees roster. The Carlos Beltran press conference went well, and I think he’ll give the offense some pop. No idea what they’ll do with so many outfielders. And, of course, we still need pitching. But it’s certainly been an eventful off-season so far.

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and here’s to spring training!

Tags: , , ,

14 Responses to “Ho Ho Ho! Merry Merry!”

1. Peggy says:

Ok …I moved my holiday greeting over here …. :)

Hi Jane & Fellow Baseball Fans…

Just dropping by to wish everyone a wonderful holiday season. I hope it’s filled with love and laughter for you and yours. Enjoy and be safe wherever your holiday travels may take you. I asked Santa to deliver my gift in October…Championship 28 !!!

Merry Christmas…Happy New Year…Happy Holidays !!!

Go Yankees 2014!!!

P.S…..I’m so jealous of you, YankeeCase. How wonderful to meet Mo up close and personal …to chat and get pics. Lucky, lucky you !!

To you too, Jane and to all the Yankees fans. Hope 2014 is a great year for all of us…and for an obvious reason. #28 would be nice. With the age of some of the new players…and some of the existing ones, my husband now feels that the team should be called The New AARP Yankees. Experience is key, though, so they are probably all good gets, but we definitely need to start rebuilding the farm system. Anyway, Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year too.

Glad you moved over, Peggy!

The New AARP Yankees. LOL, Diane. Maybe they should give out walkers and canes this year. Have a great holiday.

4. john says:

Best to you, Michael and mom!

Thanks, John. Same to you and yours!

6. YankeeCase says:

Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year to all!!

You’re right about the pitching, Jane… We still need one more solid starter. I really do hope to see Gardner stay on the team to see what he and Ellsbury can do together, but I wouldn’t complain if the Yankees and Indians reopened talks for Justin Masterson and included him in a deal.

Here’s to a happier 2014 in the Yankees Universe!!

Yup, one more solid starter, YankeeCase, plus a really good, healthy Pineda. Masterson would be interesting. Have a good holiday!

8. Barbara says:

Happy new year to all of you. Living in sox territory you all keep me sane. One of my interns made me Yankee earrings. When she bought the beads in the store they asked are you really a Yankee fan and she said he’ll no. She’s a crazy sox fan but was kind to me. I was asked not to wear these lovely earrings at home.
    Here’s hoping for healthy Pineda and tanaka and we will be good again!
    Every game is now hand written into my appt book so I’m ready for the season

Happy Happy to you, Barbara. I love that your Sox fan intern made you Yankee earrings. How nice was that!

10. Peggy says:

HAPPY NEW YEAR to Jane and all my fellow baseball fans. May the upcoming year bring you happiness, health, love, wealth and MOST important of all …A YANKEE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! The very best to all of you and to those you love …

Go Yankees 2014!!!

Happy 2014 to you too, Peggy! My very best wishes to you and your family.

Yeah! Happy New Year to All. There weather here in New York is going to be horrible the next couple of day…so there’s another reason that I wish it was April already. GO YANKEES 2014!!!

Happy New Year, Diane. I hope the weather won’t be as bad as they forecast. And I really hope the temps warm up in a couple of weeks when I’m in NYC. I’m freezing just thinking about it.

As long as its below 60 degrees, I’m freezing. It doesn’t matter how cold it gets after that; I’m already shivering.