Four More Years

October 9th, 2013 by Jane Heller

Loose-leaf-binders-make-excellent-clip-books

Joe and his binders will be back. The Yankees rewarded his especially good job this season with a reported $16 million, four-year contract. I can understand why he asked for four years instead of the three they initially offered; he and his family like it in Westchester and want the stability of not having to jump to a new city. Still, his upcoming seasons in New York are unlikely to be stable. So many question marks – from A-Rod’s zillion lawsuits to Cano’s free agency to Jeter’s aging body. But I’m happy he’ll be back. I wasn’t thrilled with any of the other candidates mentioned (Pena, Baker, etc.) except Mattingly and he’s staying with the Dodgers unless they suddenly crash and burn in the NLCS. So here’s to another four years of the binders. May they hold at least one championship.

Tags: ,

8 Responses to “Four More Years”

1. Freya says:

I’m very glad that he will be back. Now we have to build the team.

Right, Freya. I guess they have to decide on the coaches first. I assume they’ll all be back, although Pena could interview for managers jobs.

3. SBlue says:

Girardi always seem to know what to do in the long run. I still like him as the one choice from all other candidates that’s for sure. Speaking of managers, I still can’t picture Paulie as a manager. Feels weird…

4. barbara says:

what a weird time it is. there is baseball but no passion for me. this means no joy but also no heartache and no lack of sleep. i am so glad that girardi is back. i felt the loss of too many of my favorites and he would have been another. i think we are in for hard times regardless but i like girardi so i’m glad he and his binders are back.

It’ll be interesting to see if Paulie gets the Reds job, SBlue, since he has no coaching experience. I can understand why he’d want it, since he played for that team and still lives in Cinci. I’d miss him a lot as a broadcaster, but it could be the chance of a lifetime for him.

I’m glad too, Barbara. He represents stability and we need that. So many changes to come. And he’s handled all the crazy challenges on this team as well as anybody could. Somebody new stepping in would have a real adjustment period.

6. Ruth says:

As long as they are not binders full of women…does anyone remember that fiasco? Sorry Jane…couldn’t resist.

Are you talking about the Mittster, Ruth? He did have a way with words. :)

8. Ruth says:

Yep, good ‘ol Mittster! That kidder!