Practically Flat Lining Their Way Out

September 24th, 2013 by Jane Heller

Screen+Shot+2012-11-30+at+5.29.11+PM

I was hoping Kuroda and the Yankees would pull themselves together for these last few games, just for the hell of it, but they’re going out with a whimper, apparently. Ugh. A shutout. And bad pitching on top of it.

I’m trying to decide which team I’ll root for in the playoffs, if I even bother to watch. I’ll probably throw my support to my local Dodgers, since Donnie Baseball is the manager and most of my friends here are Dodgers fans, although I think their little swimming escapade in Arizona was pretty bush. My sentimental favorite is the Pirates because, well, nobody expected them to get in. I just don’t know how far they’ll go. There’s no one in the AL I’m willing to root for.

I’m also looking ahead to A-Rod’s war with MLB, especially after today’s NYT article about the world series of legal teams going at it. No telling what the result of that will be, but the headlines are sure to be juicy.

Tags: , , , ,

7 Responses to “Practically Flat Lining Their Way Out”

1. Terry S says:

The most exhausting game I have ever attended. And I missed most of it due to Bobblegate. What a fiasco!

2. Freya says:

I’m ready to say goodbye to this nightmare season, and am also very sad with the way it’s ending. It doesn’t seem like a miracle will happen for the Yankees. I’ll probably watch the playoffs and world series because I love baseball so much. The only team that I can root for in the AL is Oakland. I don’t really care who wins in the NL but I hope that Pittsburgh makes it to the World Series. I have tickets for tomorrow night’s game – it will be Mo’s last chance to pitch at Yankee Stadium.

As I must have told you in the past, Jane, I’m not a baseball fan…I’m a Yankees fan. If they are not in the post season I stop watching baseball altogether. Last night was a devastating loss, not only because it brings the “magic number” down to 1, but because neither the pitchers nor the hitter showed up. At least a couple of the fielders did – I really like Ryan’s defense and Nunez is much better at third than at short. Anyway, let’s hope they at least say alive for the last two home games of the season. GO YANKEES!!!

Oh, God, Terry. I heard about Bobblegate. What a mess! Did you ever get yours?

I forgot about Oakland, Freya, but I don’t feel any affinity for them so I guess I’ll stick with one of the NL teams. I hope it’s not too sad to see Mo pitch one last time tomorrow night. I know the Stadium will be rocking.

They haven’t had a realistic chance for the playoffs in a while, Diane, so I, too, would just like them to play better as they bid farewell to a lost season.

5. Peggy says:

HI Jane & Fellow Baseball Fans…

I will be at the game tomorrow night and I wonder if it will be the night we get to see Mo play Centerfield as he has always wished to do. It’s the least we Yankee fans can hope to see at the end of this sad season. I wanted so bad for Mo to get to one more playoff before he retired. If I can see him play Centerfield just one time that would definitely be a treat and at least put a smile on my face. I’m like Diane …if the Yankees aren’t in it I could care less who wins and I’ll be watching the shows for the new fall season instead of baseball games.

All I have to say is …Go Yankees 2014 !!!

That would be so cool if you got to see Mo in CF, Peggy. Do you really think Joe will let him do it? I’ll be watching for sure.

7. Peggy says:

Jane…

If they are officially eliminated…why not? Mo has always said he wanted to play CF one time. It would be great on front of the home town fans. Guess we just have to wait and see.

One more Go Yankees 2013!!