Don’t Kill Me But I’m About To Rant About Him

September 4th, 2013 by Jane Heller
Photo: Brad Penner/US Presswire

Photo: Brad Penner/US Presswire

I know, I know. Dave Robertson has been great. He’s a great guy and a great humanitarian and a great husband. I get it. But do I want him to be the Yankees’ closer? No. Does he drive me nuts when he comes in for the eighth inning and turns games like tonight’s into a needlessly scary event? Yes.

Again. I know he’s normally reliable – in his way. And by that I mean he does have strike-out capability, but he also puts men on base and throws too many pitches to pitch on consecutive days.

Personally, I would have left CC in tonight. I feared a repeat of Sunday when Joe pulled Pettitte for the bullpen and we lost that one. Thank God for Mo. I wanted him fresh for the long Red Sox series, but we got the win.

I loved the way the offense took advantage of the White Sox’s rookie starter. I was worried that it would be one of those situations where the Yanks are flummoxed by a pitcher they’ve never seen, but it was just the opposite. Cano, especially, was fun to watch. When he’s hot, he’s hot.

So….a sweep. And now the Sox of the other color come to town. I’m ner-voussssssssss.

Tags: , , , , ,

8 Responses to “Don’t Kill Me But I’m About To Rant About Him”

1. Barbara says:

I want to be happy because we won and we swept but I wanted a fresh d rob and mo for this scary series. Also I wanted weaver, another weaver I’m not happy with, to beat tb. I don’t know how I’ll stay sane in Boston for the next four days. Go nova

I don’t know how you’ll stay sane for this series either, Barbara. But you’ll have plenty of company in the insanity department!

It wasn’t Robertson’s fault, Jane, it was my daughter’s. Obviously, we were at the game as I said yesterday, and when they were ahead by so much my daughter complained that she wasn’t going to be able to see Mariano at what we presumed would be our last game of attendance this season and so the last game we would get to see him pitch. Then Roberson imploded and we got to hear “Enter Sandman” in the 8th inning. Incredible. For any fans out there who have not been to the new stadium, I recommend it highly, especially because of the employees there. Every single one with whom we have come in contact could not be nice, more accommodating and more eager to make every fan in the stadium happy. The weather was wonderful and we got “W” so it was basically a perfect night. Now that we have swept the White Sox, I’m hoping we can beat the red ones. GO YANKEES!!!

D-Rob, what are we going to do with you? You are so not good for our blood pressure! Thank goodness it all worked out in the end but the irony of the White Sox doing to us in this game exactly what we did to them in Tuesday’s game would have been too awful. I just hope everyone is on their A game this weekend.

Wanted to post something yesterday, but afraid that it would read like looking past Chisox for Bosox.

After reading what walked past Jane that day, I was reminded to quote Howlin’ Wolf:
    “Ain’t superstitious
    Let a black cat cross my trail…”

And with all the hard luck and tough love this team has endured this year, what more can you say?
    Que sera sera. Let it happen, cap’n!

I’ll try not to blame your daughter, Diane. LOL. Glad you (and she) had a good time last night.

7. Saphire916 says:

My sister (a Mets fan) is taking me to tonight’s game with her company’s box seats. I’m very excited! I’m hoping for a win, especially with how huge this series is…I’m really nervous and will probably be biting my nails the whole time. I’m just excited that I get to see Nova tonight. I haven’t seen him yet this season and I’m really excited!

Have fun tonight, Saphire. Wave to us from those fancy seats!