All Hail Kuroda

July 25th, 2013 by Jane Heller

Kuroda

I didn’t see the game, but after reading about it I’m in awe of what Kuroda has been able to do over the last two seasons. This year he’s been especially valuable and the Yankees should give him a bonus or something. When I think back to the announcement of his signing a couple of years ago, I can’t believe I said, “He’ll never make it in the American League.” I was so wrong. The fact that he seems like such a good guy is nice too.

Still not much offense – no surprise – but enough to make the runs count. It was particularly heartening to see production from Romine, who doesn’t get all that many chances to catch and, therefore, hit.

Texas sure doesn’t have the fire power they used to in the Hamilton era.

Tags: , , ,

6 Responses to “All Hail Kuroda”

1. Saphire916 says:

I didn’t see the game either, but I wish I had! I think with many of the Yankees being just awful the last few months, I’ve forgotten that we have the second best pitcher in the AL. The NY Times is talking about a potential Cy Young for Kuroda. WOW!!! That’s so exciting! Even if we don’t make it to the playoffs, I think my sadness will be offset a bit by a Cy Young for Kuroda. I just wish he was planning on coming back next year!

A Cy Young would be fantastic, Saphire916. Fingers crossed for Hiroki.

I watched the re-run of the game last night…its so nice to start watching a Yankees game knowing that the outcome is positive. Kuroda has won 3 in a row now. Spectacular, considering the season we’re having. Now they have to go home and take on The Rays who have been lights out – Still, they can’t win every game so we’ve got some shot at it. They apparently got rained out last night so they have to go back to Boston on Monday after spending the weekend in the Bronx. I’m nervous, but excited at the same time. GO YANKEES!!!

The series with the Rays should be interesting, Diane. I hope Soriano will deliver for us!

It seems like almost every game is a pitchers’ duel lately. Nice that Hiroki won that one.

We’ve been pretty successful against the Rays so far this year so let’s hope that trend continues.

Definitely hope Soriano has brought his homerun bat!

They’re always pitcher’s duels because we don’t have any offense! Yes, Audrey, let’s hope Soriano has brought his bat, the one from his old Yankees days.