Is There Any Way We Could Keep Playing The Twins?

July 2nd, 2013 by Jane Heller

Ron_Gardenhire

It wasn’t a given that the Yankees would find relief in Minnesota, but it’s happened before and I was very glad it happened again last night. What I wasn’t expecting was that Pettitte would look so off – he’s been our stopper after losing streaks for so long – and not seem to be the Andy of old. Still, he managed to hang in for awhile and pitch well enough not to let the game get away. And he did pass Whitey on the strikeouts list. Very impressive.

With Cano on fire after the trip to Baltimore and Gardner and Zoilo joining the fun, plus some nimble bat work by Ichiro, we ended up with a Janer. It made me smile.

LaughingWoman

(We haven’t seen the laughing lady in ages, so I thought I’d put her up there.)

Can we hope for two in a row? That’s exactly what I’m going to do.

Tags: , , , ,

6 Responses to “Is There Any Way We Could Keep Playing The Twins?”

I haven’t been able to check the blog the last couple of days so I was excited to this morning. When I saw yesterday’s headline, I was upset and confused. You see, I went to bed last night when the score was 4-3 Twins and though my Yankee tweet had told me the score had ended up 10-4 Yankees, I thought maybe I had misread it when I saw all those sad faces In the picture. Then I remembered you were on the east coast, Jane, checked the date and realized you had not posted about last night’s game yet – phew!

A Janer – it’s been far too long since we’ve had one of those. So glad the bats showed some pop. Just hope they’ve saved some offense for the rest of this week and especially the weekend. We’ve got to turn it around on Baltimore!

2. Saphire916 says:

Whew! I was starting to lose hope…not that one game means anything, but it’s always nice to have a big blowout. It has me keeping the faith!

I was very worried when Andy all but imploded in the first inning but he turned it around. I didn’t think there was a chance he’d make it out of the second inning, given the high pitch count, but he did what he needed to do. Did Joba actually get the “W”? That would be too bad. Nice to see some of the bats waking up – they need to keep it going now. But can we all agree that they need to send Adams back down to the minors? He terrible at the plate and not much better in the field. GO YANKEES!!!

Yes, a big “Whew,” everybody! (And yes, I’m on EST now, Audrey, so no posts up after games that go late!)

Welcome back to the east coast, Jane. Hope that your visiting and your stay are mostly very rewarding, and perhaps you can “inspire” the ballclub while here.

Took note of an ESPN comment this AM that the Yanks had the 3rd-worst record in MLB in June. Knew it was bad, BUT…

And Congrats to Andy. Glad to see he has now at least a statistical reason to be glad he came back for one more ride on the carousel.

6. Barbara says:

I love the laughing lady