Bummed

June 18th, 2013 by Jane Heller

I was really looking forward to Yankees-Dodgers tonight. Now I’ll be lucky if I get to see the second game of the doubleheader because the first one starts at an inconvenient 10am here tomorrow….Unless, of course, it’s raining again in New York. What is it with the east coast this year? Get your weather act together! I’m flying east on June 27th for my month in Connecticut, and I do not want to be dodging raindrops while I’m there!

P.S. Kevin Youkilis. What is there to say about his surgery? I’ve tried not to flip out, but Cashman knew about his back problems and the whole “Well, we figured he was OK if the White Sox were ready to give him a contract” doesn’t make any sense to me. Our GM must have been desperate.

Tags: ,

10 Responses to “Bummed”

1. Barbara says:

Yes it rains everyday in these parts
    Yes we signed people who were washed up but it helped to start the season
    I’m awaiting Pineda. It’s likely not a savior but I need something to think about on days between bruins games

2. YankeeCase says:

Yes, big bummer here, Jane. I’m 0-2 and two rainouts now. There’s been so much rain this past month and a half, it’s unbelievable. I’m starting to think maybe I should just stay away from the Stadium the rest of the season. I was really looking forward to seeing the Dodgers, and Mattingly, and the new kid Puig. Guess I’ll just have to wait six years to see the Dodgers at Yankee Stadium. Garg.

Funny how now we’re waiting on A-Rod to get back and replace Youkilis. Maybe they’ll get a replacement for all these replacements at third. Michael Young maybe?

Jane, I don’t know if you plan on attending any games while here, but don’t forget July 8th is Jeter bobblehead night…

I swear I check the weather every day back east and it’s rain rain rain, Barbara. Wouldn’t it be great if Pineda showed up and was fabulous?

Poor YankeeCase. Not fair. Puig is a very exciting player and people here are so jazzed about him. That said, I hope the Yankees can keep him in check. As for our third base situation, I hope Cashman is working the phones – and not looking at guys with a history of injuries! I don’t have any plans to go to a game yet. I’m not sure how far the house I’m staying in is from the Bronx, but I’ll be sure to let everybody know if I get tix.

4. john says:

I’m in Maine and guess what, rain! Low profile visit. Minimal NY gear being exposed. Motel Sox fan owner sold the place over the winter to another Sox fan. Uggg!

Going to Old Timers Day Sunday. Maybe Yanks will activate some of them for the regular game.

The next few days are supposed to be beautiful weather here. Sorry for the fans who wanted to go to the game last night and now the game is at 1:00 am today – that’s got to be almost impossible for most people. I know lousing Youk is tough, but I’m not going to blame Cashman – third base is definitely the hardest position to fill right now…I’m not sure why, but there are just no third basemen available…not decent ones, anyway. But I can’t let things get me down…I still think this team is solid and growing and they’ll do what they have to do…GO YANKEES!!!

I was thinking the same thing about the Old Timers Day players, John. Bernie Williams would be a nice DH or even play the corners. Have fun in Maine.

Third base is the toughest position to fill, Diane? Why didn’t Cashman just re-sign Eric Chavez, who did a great job for us even with his back problems? Anyhow, I’m glad the weather will be nice and I hope to watch the second game tonight.

Well, The Yankees won the first game – it apparently got a little close at the end but as always, a “W” is a “W”

Yes, we won. I watched more of it than I intended, but couldn’t resist. Preston Claiborne, who’s been so effective, wasn’t, which is how it got close at the end.

9. Terry says:

Puig is exciting. Phil is the same tired story. I have got to quit going to the Stadium when he pitches

I said sort of the same thing to my husband about Hughes, Terry. The last time I was at the Stadium, he went 1/3 of an inning.