CC OutLasted The Indians

June 5th, 2013 by Jane Heller

And he definitely outlasted his son, who fell asleep in the car after the game. I love this pic that Amber Sabathia tweeted earlier today of her little CC. (Notice his ears. They’re just like his dad’s.)

A complete game performance by the big man and homers from Hafner and Gardner seem to have done the job to finish the series with a sweep. I didn’t watch – it was a work day – but I enjoyed keeping up with the game score and summary.

Now the Yankees are off to my part of the world and while I know the east coasters reading this groan at the late hour of the games during these west coast swings, I couldn’t be happier. I get a full day’s work in and then watch the boys while I’m having dinner. I just hope they don’t ruin my appetite by letting the Mariners beat them, Raul Ibanez in particular.

Tags: , , ,

7 Responses to “CC OutLasted The Indians”

1. Freya says:

i was at the game today. The weather was perfect and the game was good. We got so excited with the home runs in the first two innings, and for a while CC was pitching a no hitter. All in all it was a great day and a very enjoyable game.

I was thinking it must have been a great day to be at the Stadium, Freya. Glad you were there to enjoy it and good job bringing home the win.

Nice work sweeping the Indians – I just wish we played them some more this season. Gardner’s killing me with those homeruns – my gosh, he could hit 20 this year at the rate he is going! Nix and Stewart continue to come through in clutch situations. I wish Cano would more often.

The ball’s in your hands now, Jane – enjoy the west coast games, you’ve earned them. I’m looking forward to next Thursday’s game, which starts at 3:35 here, but those 10:05 games will be lucky if they have me for an hour. Oh well, an occasional break from baseball isn’t the worst thing for my marriage:)

I know what you mean about the breaks from baseball, Audrey. It’s amazing how much I get done when they’re not playing.

5. Ruth says:

Speaking of West Coast swings: I’ll be going to San Francisco in September for my first visit to AT&T Park. Has anyone been there and can suggest a good section for first time visitors? My eyes glaze over when I look at all the choices on Stub Hub. Any input is appreciated!

Wow! C.C. finished the game with like 116 pitches. Can you just imagine what everyone would have said about Girardi if C.C. had blown the lead at the end? I have to give him so much credit…he’s been a good manager every year but this year he has been stellar. Enjoy the westcoast timing, Jane. At least the weekend games timing won’t be bad. GO YANKEES!!!

Anyone have a suggestion for Ruth? I’ve never been to that ballpark and don’t know anything about it other than it’s supposed to be beautiful.

Or if Girardi has used somebody in the pen, Diane, and the pen blew the lead. CC did throw a lot of pitches but he saved the pen and there are a ton of games coming up, so good job by all.