Tex Is Texting Again

June 4th, 2013 by Jane Heller

Shutterstock

Two homers in two days. I like it. Is Teixeira back for good? Sure looks like it.

The other nice bounceback in tonight’s win over the Indians was Phelps. After that last outing, I was worried that he might not be able to put his awfulness behind him, but that’s exactly what he did. We need him, so a big Whew.

I did hope the Yankees would score in the late innings to give the relievers some breathing room, but they seem to have run out of gas offensively, especially Cano, who was up in an important spot and couldn’t deliver. I wonder if he was distracted by the Biogenesis stuff, but more on that in a sec.

I couldn’t believe what jinxes Michael Kay and Al Leiter were. They were going on and on about how great Joba looked and then – bam – three-run homer. Maybe they should button it next time.

OK. Biogenesis. The ESPN report. A-Rod. Cervelli. Etc. Yes, it’s explosive stuff. And yes, even Cano was ensnared in the whole business for awhile today until sources told the Yankees he was off the hook. And yes, the suspensions would be the most punitive in sports. But here’s the thing: A-Rod denies involvement with the clinic so the whole case could come down to a he-said/he-said situation pitting him against Bosch. Which sounds all too familiar (Clemens/McNamee). Ugliness for baseball all around.

Tags: , , , , , ,

8 Responses to “Tex Is Texting Again”

John and Suzyn did the same thing to Joba, Jane. Sometimes I wish the announcers would just keep their mouths shut but then they wouldn’t be so much like announcers, huh?

Hitting homeruns from both sides of the plate bodes well for Tex’s wrist. Let’s hope his slow start just lasted the weekend and now he is ready to provide some real offense. Cano, on the other hand, was very disappointing last night. Some breathing room really would have been nice there.

I really hope Cleveland can take the Central division because, unlike Detroit, we own them!

2. margaret says:

see what happens when i don’t watch the game? You’re welcome.
    sadly MLB gave me the red sox/rangers game instead.
    From the highlights it looked like a good game until Joba came in.

a friend in PA was in the hospital and the hospital had the game. (cleveland station)
    She was keeping me updated via text. Her medicated texts were a hoot and should have been the commentary of the game.

I really didn’t see Joba looking great last night, Jane, even before the home run. I don’t know what Kaye and Leiter were watching. But Mariano was a saint as usual so no reason to worry. Glad Phelps could get the win…he was great. So upset watching the news on tv today. It was all about A-Rod and they didn’t even mention a Yankees win. I mean, I realize that this is big news, but please talk about the teams. So now, if A-Rod gets suspended for 100 games, The Yankees don’t have to pay him…that should cover the cost of Wells, Youkilis and Overbay combined. GO YANKEES!!!

Here’s the thing about owning Cleveland, Audrey. With the memory of ’07 still fresh in my mind, it seems as if we own them in the regular season and then lose to them in the playoffs. This Yankees team, if they’re lucky enough to even get to the playoffs, need to find a way to scratch out runs!

MLB gave me that game too, Peg, and I wasn’t happy. Fortunately, I also have the MLB.TV package so I got YES on the computer. I’m LOL-ing about your friend’s “medicated texts.”

If A-Rod gets suspended, it’ll save the Yankees money, Diane, but it’ll hurt more if Cervelli gets the same 100 games. He was playing great before he got hurt and would surely have been the #1 catcher. Sigh.

5. christy says:

I have grwon tired of Joba. Also Hughes.
    Bring back Nuno – he looked great when he was here. He’s what – 25 years old? Hughes never looks great, Joba only looks great running to the buffet table in the clubhouse after the game.

LOL, Christy. And he looks lighter than last year.

…and TTTTHHHHEEE YANKEES WIN!!! I didn’t get to watch it as I’m at work but the play by play on line leads me to believe C.C. at least started out very well. I’m not sure when they pulled him, but a W is a W and it looks like some of our bats woke up finally…okay, not Wells, but most of the others.

He pitched a complete game, Diane. Saved the bullpen and got the sweep. Can’t ask for more (except maybe a hit from Wells, poor guy).