This Is Alarming

May 29th, 2013 by Jane Heller

I listened to most of the game on my At Bat app and I’m glad I didn’t have to actually watch the debacle. I didn’t need to see Phelps morph into a Bad Pitcher. I didn’t need to see the listless Yankees offense either. Good for Nova for pitching well, but this has been a very trying Subway Series.

With Tex and Youkilis due back for the weekend, I have to wonder….Have the injuries finally caught up with this team? Were the fill-ins playing over their heads and have they come back down to earth? Or are these four losses in a row just a fluke of the schedule, a natural lull over the course of a long season? Is it really up to Vidal Nuno to be our stopper tomorrow night?

Let’s just say I much prefer writing these posts after wins. This losing stuff isn’t a lot of fun.

Tags: , , ,

8 Responses to “This Is Alarming”

I was devastated by that loss, Jane, especially since my daughter went to the game. She had a good time though, even with such a terrible “top of the first” and outcome. There was really very little positive to take from the game other than Nova. We still have one more game against The Mets, who obviously have taken an aggressive reaction to their owner’s negativity, and then in comes Boston. Fortunately right now they are just one game up on us, and perhaps Tex and Youk will help us to take that series. After this arduous homestand they are off to the west coast – probably tiring but hopefully it will help. GO YANKEES!!!

I wasn’t devastated – Mo’s blown save hit me harder – but I think you’re right and the Mets took all the tongue lashing they’ve been getting from management and fans to heart and played more aggressively. Big weekend coming up.

I’ve been wondering the same thing, Jane – are we now having the April and May we anticipated but were so pleasantly spared? If so, I hope Tex and Youk are the needed spark. In a way they have something to prove themselves since we were surviving, almost thriving, without them. I hope they go about proving it pronto.

Well said, Audrey. They do have something to prove and it’ll be nice to give the subs some time off.

5. Peggy says:

Hi Jane & Fellow Baseball Fans…

First…I’m sorry about the wildfires but happy you aren’t in harm’s way, Jane. Hopefully, they will be extinquished and a thing of the past soon.

Now on to the Yankees…YIKES !!! I was at the blown save game by Mo…that hurt. It was fun seeing Mo throw out the first pitch of the game (surprising although class move by the Mets) but I have to say I had a bad feeling when he came in to relieve in the ninth. I just didn’t think it would be that bad…hoping it would just be a tie game after nine. My cousin the Met fan treated me to the game for my birthday. We had nice seats and thankfully access to one of the inside clubs to eat so we had a dry, seated area till the game was underway after the rain delay. I had some Yankee fans in front of me but the rest of them were Met fans and one guy was so annoying because every time Brignac made a play in the field he would comment how DJ would never have gotten to that ball because he was such a poor fielder and didn’t deserve any gold gloves. I wanted to hit him over the head with my closed umbrella but I restrained myself and gave him dirty looks all night instead..LOL. I just wish somebody including Mr. Cano would start to get some BIG hits again. With the exception of last night it hasn’t been the pitching ..it’s the offense that has to wake up. On the other hand…how much can we possibly complain? We have a team with revolving players coming from everywhere…the scrap heap, the minors, back from the dead and they have done an admirable job. Hopefully, some of the regulars come back and pick up some of the offensive slack (I’m talking to YOU …Tex and Youk..). I’m going to the game tonight and hoping they can salvage this one. Besides…they have bigger fish to fry this weekend…BOSTON!! It’s going to be hot and humid at the game which I am definitely not looking forward to but I am looking for a big Yankee win and them cooling down the Mets who have been as hot as this weather against the Yankees. I guess we can let the Met fabs have their fun now as long as we have ours in October .. :o).

Soooo…Go Nuno …Go Offense…GOOOOOOOO YANKEES !!!

Stay safe Jane …

Go Yankees 2013 !!!

P.S. Diane ..I’m sorry your daughter had to see such a miserable game but I’m with Jane…Mo’s blown save
    hit me harder and I was at that game…ugh !

6. Peggy says:

Ok ..that would be let the Met FANS …not Fabs …(I need to use spell check)…LOL

Yes, I’m safe for now, thanks, Peggy. Yesterday was a weird day though – two fires still going plus an earthquake right here in Santa Barbara. So it was your birthday last night? Happy Bday! Sorry you were stuck with those fans who were being mean about Jeter. Grrr. Have fun tonight and please bring us a win.

8. Peggy says:

Hi Jane ..

My bday is Monday, June 3rd (thus the 603 in my email address). It was an early bday present from my cousin. I’m happy you are ok but earthquakes alone are the reason I wouldn’t live in Cali..LOL. I just hope everything quiets down when I come to visit at the end of July.

Here’s to a win tonight by our boys in pinstripes…GOOOOOOOOOO YANKEES !!!

Go Yankees 2013!!1