Not a Good Night for Kuroda

May 22nd, 2013 by Jane Heller

Let’s face it. Hiroki was getting knocked around even before he got knocked by that ball. It wasn’t his night, and it wasn’t the Yankees’ night. Again.

Preston Claiborne III wasn’t much better, but the good news about this loss to the O’s (I always try to find at least something positive to say – almost always) was the resurgence of Granderson. Girardi predicted he would break out at the plate and that’s exactly what he did. And David Adams, our current and maybe future third baseman, had another homer, endearing himself to me. And finally, Adam Warren pitched well in relief.

So although tonight’s game wasn’t much fun to watch, there were bright spots.

The Yanks have now lost two in a row and I’m wondering if the good times are over for awhile. Silly, right? Why shouldn’t they bounce back against the Rays? Of course they will. They will. They will. They will. (I figure if I say it enough it’ll happen.)

Tags: , , ,

10 Responses to “Not a Good Night for Kuroda”

Yes, Granderson was the bright spot in that game. I had noticed in the previous games he was getting some solid at bats so I was hoping that boded well for his resurgence. Good thing because it looks like we need him.

I blame this entirely on my husband. I went to get my Yankee helmet rally cup and fill it with frozen yogurt only to discover the frozen yogurt was almost gone. My husband thought it should still count since he had eaten it but he hadn’t eaten it out of a Yankee helmet rally cup so of course that didn’t count! Anyway, it really only counts if I eat it because I am the No. 1 Yankee fan in the house. So everyone can blame my Larry for our troubles last night.

Granderson was just a triple away from the cycle last night. His last few outs prior to last night’s game looked like he was hitting the ball better, so I was pretty sure he was about to come out of his “beginning of the season” slump. I definitely think he’s back on track. And Adams does seem like a key to the future, and the present actually. I don’t think Kuroda is injured, and he’s been pitching so well for us that we have to allow him one bad game. Glad for an off day, not for me – for the boys. Let’s hope they do well in Tampa so they come home with a winning sense. My daughter and her cousin are going to Wednesday night’s game against The Mets. He’s a big Mets fan and he’s taking her (a huge Yankees fan, of course) as his gift to her for her college graduation. The Mets have been pretty bad, so let’s home they stay on that tracking against our guys. GO YANKEES!!!

OK, I’ll blame Larry then, Audrey. Shame on him for eating the frozen yogurt and depriving you of your lucky rally cup. Shame!

Maybe Peggy and her Mets fan cousin should meet up with your daughter and her Mets fan cousin, Diane. It could be a sports war of cousins!

4. Saphire916 says:

Jane, you were right about Camden Yards! It’s such a great ball park! I don’t know what’s going on with the Orioles fans, but they were not very nice to us last night. The ushers actually moved us to a section where there were less people so we wouldn’t get screamed at. Even though it was a loss (I’m going to have to stop going to games…I’m 1-5 on the year) it was still a lovely place to watch a game. I loved seeing Granderson break out last night. Adam Warren is really great to watch, too.

We really need to beat Tampa this weekend. We need to win a series against other teams in the division other than the Blue Jays.

So glad the usher moved you, Saphire, and you had fun last night. I really do love that ballpark. It was one of the first new, downtown “old-time” ballparks to be built, and they did such a good job with it.

I think I still have Peggy’s cell phone number from when we met at a game the first year at the new stadium. Peggy, is it okay if I give your number to my daughter and her cousin?

7. Peggy says:

Hi Diane..

Unfortunately, I’m going to the games on Tuesday and Thursday. I have no problem with giving her my number. It would have been cool with a cousin showdown like Jane mentioned. I’m just hoping the better team wins those games…The Yankees!!! 3If you go to any future games give me a call.

Go Yankees 2013!!!!

Thanks for getting back to me, Peggy. Will do, going forward. The weather here is NY is not going to be nice for the 3-day weekend but I understand the weather in Florida is much nicer so good for The Yankees. GO YANKEES!!!

Bummer about your weather this weekend, Diane. For some reason I also remember my Memorial Day weekends back east as being so summery and nice. Oh well. At least the guys will be in that crazy dome in St. Pete so we don’t have to worry about rainouts.

10. margaret says:

just a note to Saphire 916….
    I see most games at camden due to living in DC metro. But i haven’t gone this year.
    But every year they are like that to us.
    Normally though there are more of “us” than them.
    Apparently not that night huh?

Once in a parking lot all cars and people had NYY gear. The attendant said, “isn’t anyone here to see the O’s?” Everyone laughed and said, “nope”

Sorry you had that issue.
    Trust me when i lived in Seattle it was far worse treatment than anything that happened to us at Camden!!