The Yankees Were Due For A Laugher

May 15th, 2013 by Jane Heller

What else can you do but laugh when your starter can’t pitch his way out of the first inning? Hughes has been pretty good lately, so I’ll give him a pass on tonight’s meltdown. I guess. Ibanez was bound to hit at least one homer against him, since he’s hit them against everyone else at Yankee Stadium. Why Cashman didn’t hang onto Rauuuul I’ll never know. But bottom line? The Mariners are a weak-hitting team that nevertheless scored 12 runs, which proves that anybody can beat anybody on any given day.

This blowout reminded me of that game against the Rays when Swisher pitched. Instead, we had Alberto Gonzalez taking a turn on the mound, with Wells at second and Stewart at first. Craziness.

Preston Claiborne seems to be impressing everyone. Maybe he’s the new Joba, as in the Joba of ’07.

Tags: , , , ,

6 Responses to “The Yankees Were Due For A Laugher”

1. Pinstripepride says:

Janers are fun. Reverse Janers? Not so much.

I turned that one off before the first half of the first inning was over. It was a good night to soak in a hot tub with a good book.

We kept the game on MLB.TV until the bitter end….with the sound turned off so we could watch CNN at the same time…..

4. john says:

Idol flipping was made a lot easier last night.

Joba should be feeling some heat from Clairborne. His big mouth and Clairbornes performances spell T R A D E in his future.

Tell Michael to check out the ballpark food contest on Yankee web site today. Amazingly sickening.

Well, Jane, if any opposing batter had to have that kind of night, I can’t think of anyone I’d want to do so more than Ibanez…you’re cool, Raul. We have to just put that one behind us, but The Blue Jays’ bats have started to wake up so hopefully our wonderful pitching staff (minus Hughes-ey) can put them back to sleep. GO YANKEES!!!

I’ll tell him, John.

Let’s get today’s game in the win column, Diane, before we worry about the Jays!