Another, Even Better Janer. Seriously!

April 9th, 2013 by Jane Heller

And we all said the Yankees would have trouble scoring runs this season. Ha. Of course, they weren’t exactly facing the best pitchers in the majors tonight against Cleveland, but if hitting is contagious the Yankees have all caught the bug. What fun!

First there was small ball and then there was big ball and then there was just a lot of offense, period.

And Andy. Wow. There aren’t enough superlatives for him. He continues to deliver just the way he always has, and I hope he never retires.

My problem with this game was Carrasco, the Indians starter. The guy has a history of being a head hunter, sort of a younger Padilla, and I was completely in agreement with the ump who ejected him for hitting Youkilis. Francona argued and I get that, but Carrasco is just back from serving a suspension for the same offense. There’s no place in the sport for punks like him and I was grateful that he was gone – especially when the Yanks were able to feast on Myers.

Back to the good stuff, it was great to see Gardner, in particular, hit the ball so well. We need him to be productive at the top of the order, and that’s what he was tonight.

Tags: , , , ,

9 Responses to “Another, Even Better Janer. Seriously!”

1. Lourdes T says:

I have no words for tonight’s victory, but I can only praise Andy Pettitte for his great pitching and how precisely the rest of the team hit the ball and gave us 6 home runs and a little more. If things keep going this way, will there be room for those on the DL?

I assume that when Jeter comes back, they’ll send Nix down? Or, since Jeter will probably DH for awhile, it’ll be a reliever like Kelley.

3. Sean K says:

All smiles tonight. Now let’s see if we can get *over* .500 tomorrow. I’m a lot happier than I was a few days ago.

Is it too much to hope for a third straight Janer?

Woo hoo!!!

5. john says:

What a night. Clicked between Yankees, NCIS, Dancers and Uconn. BIG wins for Yanks and Uconn! Bocelli and JaLo on Dancers and usual NCIS drama. Remote almost over heated. Good thing I had a good remote control training camp.

That was great. 2 Janers in a row…when does that ever happen? Cashman is starting to look like a genius again. Lots of home runs?!!! Wow. And Andy was great again. I agree that it was nice to see Gardner produce, but I’m really excited about Cano…he started off the season (early as it still is) so off that I was worried…but not anymore. Youk getting hit was terrible…I was kind of surprised that he was thrown out, not just warned, but I agree it was the right thing to do given his history. I’m just glad Youk was not injured. Let’s do it again tonight!!! GO YANKEES!!!

Great couple of games, you guys. Here’s hoping we can ride the wave for however long it lasts.

8. Uncle Mike says:

If these last two games have been “Janers,” this one was also a “Miker.” A Miker is when the Yankees not only win, but do so in a way that I get to make snarky remarks and pop-culture references.

Remember “Major League”? It ended with the Indians beating the Yankees in a one-game playoff for the AL East title. Dennis Haysbert, later to play a President and an Allstate agent, said, “Is very bad to steal Jobu’s rum. Is VERY bad.” Well, last night, the Yankees made it look like the Indians’ pitchers had stolen Jobu’s rum.

It also brought to mind another movie, “There Will Be Blood”: The Yankees drank the Indians’… milkshake! (Long slurping sound.) They drank it up! Drainage!

9. Leo says:

Alright so we may be feasting on some bad Cleveland pitching but they are still major leaguers and if this offense was truly as bad as we were led to believe in the offseason, it wouldn’t have hit its way anywhere close to one Janer let alone two. I love football scores in baseball when they are in our favor. Cano waking up this series is great to see and very much needed as well as Gardner. Andy was as reliable as always. Now it’s Nova’s turn to progress and get the starters to reach where they need to be.