Yes, I’m Posting About Juicing

February 7th, 2013 by Jane Heller

I hate the subject of PEDs. I was over it when Lance Armstrong went on Oprah and I’m still over it. But I’d be negligent if I didn’t at least acknowledge that the Yankees have had a bad week with regard to all the news coming out of Miami, which appears to be the “anti-aging” capital of the world.

A-Rod said, “It’s all a mistake, a forgery.” Cervelli said, “I was just consulting Bosch about my rehab.” Jesus Montero said, “I seem to be caught in the middle of something.” Blah blah blah.

Who knows what the whole truth is. What I don’t understand is why the New Times newspaper can’t just turn over their documents to MLB and the Feds and let them take it from there. Why would a newspaper hang onto this stuff? Why do these investigations drag on forever? And, above all, why must athletes always be so desperate to gain an advantage?

Maybe if they had brains and a sense of self-worth, they would figure out a way to play their sport the best they can and then move on to “regular pursuits” like the rest of us have to.

Tags: , , , , , ,

7 Responses to “Yes, I’m Posting About Juicing”

And I heard yesterday that Curt Shilling reported that The Red Sox encouraged the use of performance-enhancing drugs, at least back in 2008. I don’t know how much more is going to come out across major league baseball but at least its not ALL on The Yankees.

Yes, Schilling was blabbing about that, Diane. I was focusing my post on the Yankees (and former ones, minus Melky) who seem to be involved with this “clinic,” and it’s disheartening. But maybe – there’s always a chance – they’re not guilty, who knows. And no, not all the Yankees have been juicing, but at this point nothing would surprise me.

3. margaret says:

Do they not juice in the NBA or NFL or hockey?
    I seem to only hear about baseball. Just wondering. Too weary of it all to be honest.

If we find out that my favs of Mariano, Jeter, Williams or Posada (we know about Andy) I will just throw in the towel.
    (And if anyone needs anti-aging it’s me not a young fit 20/30 something.)

Yes, of course they juice in other sports, Peg. Drug testing differs from sport to sport though, as do players association rules, etc etc. I totally agree that it’s the rest of us who need anti-aging clinics!!!

5. Sean K says:

At least nothing has emerged about The Captain. He’s always been a stalwart in every way.

I never was an A-Rod fan even before he became a Yankee. But with some of our other guys involved… *sigh*

Let’s just say I’ve watched both “My Stepmother is an Alien” and “Pretty in Pink” this week, trying to take my mind off things. If necessary I’ll break out “But I’m a Cheerleader” this weekend but I’m hoping not to have to do that yet. I don’t want to use *all* my cheer-myself-up tools before the season even starts!

6. john says:

35 inches of snow. 10 foot drifts.

We have a Jeep with a plow and a F-250 with 8 foot plow. We both got stuck 4 times getting out of our driveway. 4 hours cleaning our small driveway and road in front of it. Can’t get off our street to plow our friends. Don’t expect city plows till maybe Sunday.

Worse storm in my 65 years of existance.

Ct. Sports against Cancer Dinner honoring Mark Texeria was canceld last night at Mohegan Sun.

Pitchers and catchers in several days!

Impressed that you have power, John. Several people I know don’t, so that’s a plus!