Happy New Year, Everyone!

December 30th, 2012 by Jane Heller

As I get ready for New Year’s Eve, I want to wish all friends of this blog a very Happy New Year. Here’s hoping 2013 brings health, peace, prosperity and, of course, a Yankees championship. Meanwhile, I’ll be celebrating New Year’s at a dinner party and my assignment is dessert. I’m making a decadent chocolate tart with sea salt and a gingersnap crust. How bad could it be, right?

Photo: hereandnow.org/NPR

Tags: , ,

11 Responses to “Happy New Year, Everyone!”

1. yankeefansince1941 says:

That chocolate tart looks delish.
    Have a wonderful and healthy new year Jane, and thank you for this blog. You may not hear from me very often but I visit daily.

It does look delish, yankeefansince1941. Now let’s hope it tastes just as good when I bring it to dinner later. Glad to know you’ve been reading the blog, even though there hasn’t been much to write about lately. Happy New Year to you.

Wow! That does look delish. There’s something about adding a salty flavor to something as sweet as chocolate. I don’t know why, but it really adds something. We’re going be enjoying a house party as well. Our contribution is a strawberry cheese cake (bought) and crabmeat with a very spicy cocktail sauce. Have a wonderful New Year everyone. I have my doubts about 2013 being a good year for our boys, considering the rebuilding and financial reduction they are going to be going through, but Cashman is a master of his craft so maybe I’ll be proven wrong. GO 2013!!!

Your crab meat cocktail is making my mouth water, Diane. A perfect appetizer. Have a great time!

5. Peggy says:

Hi Jane & Fellow Baseball Fans…

Just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy New Year !!! Here’s to having great discussions this year about our Yanks. Every year it’s the same thing at the start of the season …the Yankees are getting too old so this won’t be their year and every year it’s the same at the end of the season …the Yankees are in the playoffs. This year I hope this OLD team goes all the way and gives all Yankee fans what they wanted for Christmas …#28 …

Have a great day and a wonderful 2013 filled with happiness, health, prosperity and love ….AND …the Championship!!!

Go Yankees 2013 !!!

Happy 2013 to you, Peggy. May all those hopes you wished for come true!

7. Sean K says:

Happy New Year, Jane and all fans on this blog. Sorry about the late post, but I had to work today and was celebrating New Year’s Eve last night, this is the first time I’ve been at my computer in 24 + hours.

See you all when baseball season starts, and go Yankees.

Best wishes for 2013, Sean.

9. Freya says:

HI Jane, Just read your comment in the Huffington Post article.
    Happy New Year. It’s only 40 days until pitchers and catchers.

Happy New Year to you, Freya. You’re right – it won’t be that long until p&c.

11. margaret says:

Hey – Yanks and Nats playing an exhibition game on Friday the 29th March in DC.
    Any locals (or non locals) want to meet up for this game?
    I’m not sure when tickets go on sale but will constantly check the Nats site.
    I’m sure not all “my boys” will be at an exhibition game but it may be fun none the less.