Merry Merry!

December 21st, 2012 by Jane Heller

Sorry for the lack of posts, but as we know there really hasn’t been anything of substance going on in Yankeeville lately.  So I’ll just wish everybody a very happy holiday. Enjoy!!!

Tags: ,

21 Responses to “Merry Merry!”

1. Jose Vazquez says:

hi Jane…..I am a faithfull reader of your blog and I have a question for you…What do you think of the non sense that seems to prevail between Yankees brass this year….Why is that I get the impression 2013 season is not important….why to wait to 2014 or more to rebuilt…:is the 2013 world series less important than the 2014…..
    Jose

The Yankees just aren’t spending money, Jose. They want to cut payroll and avoid luxury tax. Of course that could change in the new year, but Cashman seems to want to make trades rather than sign expensive free agents. Plus, there haven’t been a lot of attractive options out there. I don’t agree that they’re in a rebuilding stage, not with CC, Andy, Tex, Cano, etc – hardly a bad team!

3. john says:

The happiest to you and Michael!

Thanks, John – and to you and your family!

5. yankeefansince1941 says:

May your days be merry and bright!

6. Freya says:

Happy Holidays to you and Michael (and your mom too). Hope that 2013 is your best year ever.

7. Kathleen says:

Merry Christmas to you and to Michael. Wishing for the 28th ring in 2013!

Thanks to all and back at you!

9. Smplefy says:

Merry Christmas Jane.

Same to you, Mihael!

11. Nothing happening in Yankeeville? Only a thorough housecleaning! I’m heartbroken. This morning it was Swish and Ibanez who are leaving. Ibanez was, by the end of last season, my favorite player. I thought he came through for the team so many times you could hardly count them; then I read an article saying he “had some success” hitting for the Yankees! I also adore Swish, and I read comments from a slew of Yankee readers elsewhere who hate him. WTF? I’m afraid the team is going to be unrecognizable soon, the way the Athletics are every year. Although I live a few miles from the A’s I couldn’t be a fan bc I never got to know the players with all their turnover.

George is rolling over in his grave if he can see what his kids are doing. There are predictions they’ll sell to a corporation eventually. Again: WTF? I’m totally distressed by it all.

Well, by “nothing’s happening” I meant nothing good, Marcy. We’re watching our own players get signed elsewhere and players we might have signed go elsewhere too. Cashman, who didn’t even make an offer on Ibanez, keeps citing his budgetary constraints. I still think he’ll make a big trade. In the meantime, take heart in the players we do have. We were never going to keep Swisher, who wanted a lot of money and a long-term deal. I wish him well with the Indians and will miss him a lot, especially the way he stepped in to play first when Tex was hurt.

13. john says:

Just some wood for the fire.

A right handed Soriano will be coming to town soon!

Ho Ho Ho!

I agree with Marcy…I’m so sorry to see Ibanez go…and The Boss would not allow any of what is transpiring to happen. It will be a sad end to an era to see the Steinbrenner name taken away but I guess it does seem like something we can expect in the future.

With The Jets officially out of the NFL post-season and things not looking good for The Giants as well, its officially pre-baseball season…how many days until “pitcher & catchers”? — Wishing a very Merry Christmas and an extraordinary New Year to you Jane, and to all who join on your site. Thanks for all you do.

Another reliever, John? I don’t see that happening. But ho ho ho to you too!

The Boss will be thrilled when he sees what Cashman will bring us in the new year, Diane. I’m as eager for something good to happen as you are, but keep in mind that there have been plenty of times when we sit around while other teams are stocking up and we moan about how we’re getting left behind – and then boom: there’s a deal that takes us by surprise. I still think it’s in the works. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and thanks so much for coming back to the blog this year and contributing so much.

16. john says:

Must be foggy on the West Coast.

Think Alfonso!

Bats and throws right. Power. Still some speed. Meets a need.

Cubs will eat some (a lot) $$$$$

I didn’t think you meant him, John! We’ve been there, done that. Too many strikeouts, remember? And he swung at everything!

18. Peggy says:

Hi Jane & Fellow Baseball Fans…

I just wanted to stop by and wish all my fellow She & He Fans a very beautiful Christmas …whatever you are doing have the most wonderful time. Be safe and enjoy the day to the fullest with those you love…

All I want from Santa is the gift of the 28th Yankee Championship …I’ve been a very good girl so I better get my present … :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!

Go Yankees 2013 !!!!

Merry Christmas to you too, Peggy. May you (and the rest of us) get the same gift!

Happy Boxing Day, everyone.

In England and Canada (and likely some other nations), it’s a holiday based on an old tradition of “boxing” up gifts and bringing them to another family member’s home…or multiple family homes…or neighbors.

Thought that the effort of Jeter to contact the family of that brave victim teacher at Sandy Hook, who saved her class and lost her life but who was also a huge Yankee fan, would get its own special notice. But it was probably mentioned in passing in a previous post that I missed, so excuse my inattentiveness.

For Xmas, my son gave me a copy of “You’d Better Not Die…” Looking forward to the reading, and may we all have a Happy New Year…

That was nice of your son, Dave. Happy Boxing Day and New Year’s!