Happy Thanksgiving, Blog Friends!

November 20th, 2012 by Jane Heller

As we count down to turkey day, I wanted to wish everyone a happy holiday and send my thanks for all the comments and reader interest. (A big thank you to our Yankees too, since despite their early exit from the playoffs they continue to provide us with quality entertainment and better characters than in any book or movie.)

Michael and I will be venturing down to L.A. yet again to our friend Rhonda’s on Thursday. If you’re a long-time reader of this blog, you know that this dinner can be fraught with anti-Yankees fervor.

If you’re new here, this trip down memory lane will bring you up to speed.

I’ll report on this year’s edition and post pics and video from the scene.

Meanwhile, safe travels, eat and drink responsibly and, above all, enjoy.

xxoo

Tags: , , ,

21 Responses to “Happy Thanksgiving, Blog Friends!”

You, your blog and your commentors and certainly things I am very thankful for, Jane. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving…especially our Yankees. We’re staying nice and local and being with family is a great part of the holiday. And its the one holiday that they haven’t found a way of comercializing and making everyone feel like they have to spend tons of money. Enjoy All. GO TURKEY!!!

Enjoy your turkey with the family, Diane, and thanks for all your great comments.

3. john says:

As I am sure you will, when you’ve had just about enough of Mary Ann, calmly remind her “in a perfect world we would all be Yankee fans”!

Happy T-Day to all!!!

Will do, John. Rest assured that I will represent. Enjoy your turkey!

5. Harold Schwartz says:

Hi Jane,
    A very happy Thanksgiving holiday to you and Michael. I will be with Barbara and her wonderful, but Red Sox loving, husband in Massachusetts and hoping for relatively mild weather. It was an exciting season despite the sour finish and your blog adds a great deal to our baseball rooting. I hope all your fans have a had a chance to read your book and if they haven’t, I recommend it highly.
    Go Yankees in 2013′
    Harold

Hi Harold. Thanks for the kind words and well wishes. I hope your visit with Barbara and her family is free of all Yankees-Red Sox strife (and bad weather). Take care!

7. Barbara says:

Kuroda is what I’m thankful for today.
    I still remember the Yankees resigning Bernie the day before thanksgiving when the sox were hoping to get him.
    Today some graduate students came into my office to interview me. The first sees my Yankee stuff and asks if I’m a Yankee fan. I brace myself for the usual attack but instead, he pulls up his pant leg to show his calf with a giant Yankee tattoo. The interview went quite well. He grew up in MA but is a huge Yankee fan. What fun!
    Happy thanksgiving. I am thankful for the Yankees and this fan community.

I love that the grad student had a Yankee tattoo, Barbara. You must have smiled. Have fun with your dad!

9. margaret says:

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Michael.

And to you and yours, Peg. (And to your “other husband,” who has a new movie coming out…)

11. Ladyjane303 says:

A very happy, healthy Thanksgiving to you, Michael and all the She-Fan fans out there!

Back at you, Ladyjane!

13. Happy Thanksgiving, Jane and Michael. May you be well in all the holidays ahead.

Thanks, Michael. I wish you the same!

15. Peggy says:

Hi Jane and Fellow Baseball Fans….

I wanted to drop by to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Remember …you can gobble, gobble, gobble as much as you want because Turkey Day is calorie-free … :o) (at least that’s my thinking ..haha). Very happy with the Kuroda signing and Andy could really make my holiday weekend perfect by coming back to the Bronx. Once we are over the holidays the countdown to Spring Training really begins and I can’t wait.

Wherever you and yours spend the day …may it be safe, happy and filled with great joy (as well as full tummies). ENJOY !!!!!

Go Yankees 2013 !!!

P.S. Jane …I borrowed the Yankee Turkey for my facebook page. I also bought 3 of your books for my Kindle Fire and will get to them as soon as I finish Gone Girl.

Hi Peggy. So turkey is calorie free, huh? How about the stuffing and mashed potatoes??? Very happy about Kuroda. Not as happy with the Murdoch/Fox purchase of the YES shares. Cool that you bought 3 of my ebooks! Which ones? Adored Gone Girl, one of my faves of the year. Have a happy!

17. Peggy says:

Hi Jane …

I purchased Princess Charming, Clean Sweep and Best Enemies. I’ve read Confessions, An Ex to Grind and
    Lucky Stars. Loved them all. I held off buying any others till I bought my Kindle. I’m sure I’ll read the complete library of Jane books now.

For the record …not happy with the YES purchase either. I hope this doesn’t mean more of McCarver and Buck…YUCK !!!!

Go Yankees 2013 !!!

18. Peggy says:

I said Turkey Day is calorie free….that means the WHOLE DAY OF EATS !! haha

Go Yankees 2013!!!

A very good selection, Peggy. The author approves! If you’ve ever been on a cruise, you’ll really get a kick out of Princess Charming (I hope). Scary part of YES purchase is the Fox-ization where all the regional sports networks look and sound alike. I hope they keep the traditional aspects of the network and all the personnel we love in place.

20. new yawk lover says:

Thank you, and same to you and the rest of the crazies here.

Crazies? I beg your pardon, NYL! We’re crazy fans. Big difference. Lol.