Nooooo! (False Alarm)

November 8th, 2012 by Jane Heller

This would not make me happy. As seen on Twitter just now:

Joe McDonald@ESPNJoeyMac
Source: Red Sox have had preliminary talks with former Yankee Tino Martinez for the hitting coach job. #redsox.

Ugh at the thought. Just ugh.

***************************************

It seems we got all upset for nothing. Tino is now the hitting coach for the Marlins. Whew.

On the other hand, Kuroda’s talking to the Sox? Well, why not, if you’re Hiroki and want to get your price up.

Tags: , ,

14 Responses to “Nooooo! (False Alarm)”

1. Freya says:

NO way. I would lose all respect for Tino. He would never be revered again at Yankee Stadium.

Ditto, Freya. Can Not Happen.

3. Uncle Mike says:

Relax, David Wells and David Cone went to the Red Sox, and we welcomed them back. Heck, Mike Torrez directly left us for them, opposed us in the biggest regular-season game the Yankees have had since 1949 (MLB officially recognizes the Boston Tie Party as regular-season, not postseason), and shut us out for 6 2/3 innings before Bucky Dent did what he did, and Torrez still gets welcomed back to Old-Timers’ Day.

Like an old New Yorker, Sal Tessio, said: “Tell Mikey it wasn’t personal, it was just business.” Tino will sleep just fine, and not with the fishes.

Oh No!!! Tino!!! Please don’t do this. That would break my heart – Constantino Martinez is still one of my Top 10 All Time favorite Yankees.

5. margaret says:

Oh NO! As Diane says above – he is one of my all time favs.
    Girardi, now he can go…..just sayin’

Somehow it’s different with Tino, Uncle Mike. I know he deserves a job, just like everyone else, and I would never begrudge him that. But I just can’t picture him in that uni.

Sorry to break your hearts, Diane and Peg. But remember – it’s only preliminary. Who knows what’ll happen.

7. Freya says:

There’s good news today too. Just read that Pettitte wants to come back.

Nice news, Freya. Having him back is a step in the right direction.

9. Freya says:

Looks like Tino signed with the Marlins.

YEAH!!! I just read about The Marlins too. Good for you, Tino.

It’s in the post, Freya. That’s why it says “False Alarm.” LOL

I’m sure he’ll be happier with them in FL, Diane, since he lives in the Tampa area, I think.

12. barbara says:

i feel like i need to root for the marlins now. go bam tino. i will never forget watching him hit the grandslam in the playoffs in 98. i was there in person and it was joyful although i couldn’t see it because everyone was standing. i happily lost my voice that night from so much screaming. i haven’t done that since.
    now we need to make sure that hiro doesn’t go red sox on us.
    life sure is different without yankees. i follow every other sport but i don’t really care or am obsessed.

I’d love to see the Yanks keep Kuroda, Barbara, but they seem very determined to keep payroll down. That said, Cashman is always saying that pitching is the key………

…and congrats to Jeet and Cano for winning the Silver Slugger awards for shortstop and second base. Jeter has now won 5 and Cano has won 4. Too bad the bats went silent at the end of the season and in the short post-season, but we’ll all look forward to 2013.