I Figured We All Needed A Pep Talk

October 15th, 2012 by Jane Heller

So here’s a mashup of several. Enjoy.

The Yankees can win tomorrow night, Verlander or no Verlander. They can.

Tags: , , ,

12 Responses to “I Figured We All Needed A Pep Talk”

1. John says:

What? No Animal House?

“Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?”

Clearly an oversight on the part of the person who made the video, John. I do like the all-too-short clip of Will Ferrell though.

3. Sean K says:

We’re going to need a very good pitching performance.

Career vs. Verlander: Granderson .200 [4-20], Cano .184 [7-38], Swisher .180 [11-61], Ibanez .103 [3-29], Nix .091 [1-11], Tex .086 [3-35]. And that’s when they weren’t (except for Ibanez) already IN a collective slump.

Well, hope springs eternal. Maybe Hughes throws a shutout and we scratch out a run and win 1-0.

Let’s go, Yankees! It ain’t over ’til it’s over…

From your mouth to God’s ear, Jane. I heard “We Are The Champions” on my way into work today — maybe that’s a good sign. And the two bodies who are running for president are here on Long Island for the final debate tonight…let’s hope they strike out more often than The Yankees do. We did have a good outing against Verlander earlier this season so maybe we can do it again. GO YANKEES!!!

Yes, hope spring eternal, Sean.

It’s actually not the final debate, Diane. There’s one more on the 22nd. I like the omen of “We Are The Champions.” I’ll take anything at this point.

Hooray for the Giants. Little ones, football ones, San Francisco’s…take your pick.

Perhaps the Western Ones, old-time New Yorkers themselves, can inspire. They lost two home games and were “dead meat” going into Cincinnati, down to their last game. And they swept!

May they inspire these Very Old Time New Yorkers of today. Remember Yogi. Remember, if it helps, those geezly-damn Cardinals of last Friday. Whatever it takes.

7. Peggy says:

Hi Jane & Fellow Baseball Fans…

Time to get all the positive energy as a collective unit from our blog and send it to the boys in pinstripes so that they can turn this thing around. It will be a daunting task but as the song from Damn Yankees goes …
    “You Gotta Have Heart”. I’m hoping our guys have plenty of heart AND hits tonight while Hughesy pitches the best game of his career. Verlander is tough but he is human so anything can happen (remember the All Star Game). Hopefully, he starts off slow so the Yanks can accumulate some runs before he gets tougher as the game goes on which is his usual modus operandi. I want to go to more baseball games in October so please guys…BRING IT ON HOME !!!!

GOOOOOOO YANKEES 2012 !!!

Thinking only positive thoughts today, everyone!

9. Peggy says:

Here’s a little help towards positivity …

“YankeesWFAN: Yanks faced Verlander 3x this year. Yanks won 2x. Including June 3 at Comerica when Hughes threw a CG 4-hitter.”

Hopefully, after tonight, it will be 3 for 4. I remember that game well because it was on my birthday …so nice of Phil to give me such a lovely gift …. :o)

GOOOOOOOOOOO HUGHESY …..GOOOOOOOOOOO YANKEES !!!

Go Yankees 2012 !!

10. john says:

Its 7:28pm and I am in Maine reading posts. We just had a 4.0 EARTHQUAKE. The ground shook and it sounded like a freight train. Wow, just like Cali.

11. barbara says:

thanks. i needed a pep talk. my house shook and i didn’t know why. we may have felt the earthquake. maybe the yankees will be shook up too. i realized today that even if we lose to verlander we’re not done. we have cc to follow and them more good pitching and the bats will wake up some time.

An earthquake in New England?????? The world is crazy! Glad you guys are OK.