A Big “Whew”

September 21st, 2012 by Jane Heller

The way CC was pitching tonight? Not only was it vintage CC, the way we were used to seeing him, but it allowed me to relax even though the Yankees were only leading the A’s by the score of 1-0. It felt like we had more runs because he was so dominant.

However, my sense of security exploded in the ninth with Soriano’s blown save. Sigh. I guess Sori was tired after that doubleheader. He sure looked it.

But Robertson was great in the 10th and held the A’s in check so that the Russ Bus could take off. Has he been clutch lately or what?

Great win for the boys to open a key series with a contender.

Tags: , , ,

7 Responses to “A Big “Whew””

1. Jade says:

Keep bringing in the W’s boys. We need them!! Glad CC was back to his old self tonight, I think we all needed to see that. I def think that getting Andy back, and seeing him pitch well made an impact on the team. Let’s go Yanks!

I forgot that Andy had the same affect on the other pitchers the last time he came back, Jade. Good point. But whatever helped CC get back to his old self is fine with me. He was a pleasure to watch and I was sorry he didn’t get the win.

3. Barbara says:

That was so nerve wracking. I had to knit to stay sane. Cc was awesome and martin saved the day. This is exciting but so tense. How is everyone staying sane?

4. Sean K says:

Too close for comfort, but I’ll take the win. Now if someone could just knock off the [expletive] Orioles so every game isn’t so agonizingly important — and with this second wild card thing, it’s a LOT more important now to win your division. I do NOT want us to get in as a wild card and have our whole season come down to a best of 1.

It’s always dinner time when the night games are on here, Barbara, and it’s not easy to eat during these tense ones, believe me. I wish I could knit instead.

You might as well stop saying that about the O’s, Sean. They’re on a roll and all the Yankees can do is keep winning.

6. Peggy says:

TALK ABOUT A JANER !!!!!! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOW!!!!!! NUNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE… I need to get something to calm my nerves ….GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YANKEES !!!!

Go Yankees 2012 !!!!

What a game, Peggy. I’m sitting here shaking my head in disbelief.