Painful

September 14th, 2012 by Jane Heller

No, I’m not going to lead with Eduardo Scissorhands’ error.

Oh, wait. I just did. And the reason I did is because I’ve tried to give him a break, but I can’t. Sorry. He’s not ready for prime time defensively. He’s just not.

But the Yankees had more pressing problems tonight, chief among them being CC. I never thought I’d say that. He’s not winning games. His teammates’ offense isn’t exactly helping, but he made his own bed tonight with his inability to locate his pitches. I mean, seriously. Shouldn’t our ace go more than seven innings?

Jeter once again showed his Captain-ness by coming through when it counted. As Michael Kay pointed out, he’s carrying this team on his back – on one leg – and that it’s up to the others to step up and do their jobs. He’s leading by example but others just aren’t following. What are we going to do about Jones, Ibanez and Swisher? They’ve had their moments this season but not consistently and not for quite awhile.

I hope the A’s edge out the O’s tonight. As I write this, their score is 2-2 in the fifth.

Tags: , , ,

10 Responses to “Painful”

1. Sean K says:

AAAAARGH! Why can’t we win against [expletive] Tampa Bay?

I’m not very happy right now. The East is going to be a fight to the finish.

Can we clone Jeter and replace all the other position players with him? He’s been my favorite Yankee ever since he first appeared all those years ago. The man is in my opinion the greatest Yankee of the modern era. Mr. Clutch and he has always been a wonderful human being as well.

Let’s win tomorrow…

2. Barbara says:

It seems like our season is going to be defined by two guys coming off the disabled list without rehab starts–nova and Andy. Cc is mediocre and the offensive is too and yet we still have a chance.

3. Dan says:

At least the O’s lost.

I figured Price would be tough, Sean, but I didn’t figure on CC not being “on.” Yes, let’s clone Jeter.

Yes, we do still have a chance, Barbara. I’ll be interested to see what Nova gives us. No idea about him at this point.

So true, Dan. I was relieved to see their final score!

5. john says:

Just back from 4 days in Rhode Island. A training mission of sorts for my Maine trip in October. The locals talked only of the Patriots. I congradulated one and all for the championship won by the Red Sox, the Pawtucket Red Sox in the International League. It’s all Bobby Valentine’s fault is the word.

Going to the Bronx for Sundays game. I have been telling Yank fans that ask me what I think all is well. I have been trying to believe what I am saying but it would be nice if the team could help out a little.

Sec. 133 row 26 seats 9-12 if anyone out there is going to be there.

I’m actually feeling sorry for Valentine these days, John. Have fun at the game tomorrow.

7. Ruth says:

Missed half the game last night…came in just before A-Rod launched to get the game within 1. Of course the second Nuni made the error I said out loud ‘Jane is going to be pissed!’ I feel bad for him….yes, he’s not ready for prime time, but you know he must feel like crawling into a hole and dying. I felt worse for Joba; he actually made the pitch to get out of the inning, but….

I can’t watch the game today! FOX has me blacked out and I have to watch the Nats and Atlanta. I feel so left out…..C’mon, Ivan, reach back for some of that early-in-the-season greatness!

Oh, yesterday I printed out my tickets for Game of the NLDS – Nats vs. ?. Wish the Yankees were in that great of shape….sniff, sniff, whine, whine.

I’m probably blacked out too, Ruth. If so, will listen on my At Bat app while I’m out. Very cool about your playoff tickets even if they’re for that other team!

9. Peggy says:

Hi John ….

I’ll be at the game on Sunday too. Do you get to the games early? Once the game starts I don’t leave my seat (not even for bathroom breaks ..haha). I’ll try to stop by before the game to say hi. I’ll wear my Paul O’Neill Away Jersey to make it easier to spot me. My seats are in 418 so it’s easier for me to stop by you on my way into the Stadium. Here’s hoping we get to meet finally.

Nice win by the Yankees today. Nova looked like his old self and I was happy for NunEEEE hitting that homerun. He seems like the nicest guy on the interviews and I really hope he has a successful career. Nothing wrong with his offense, he just has to keep working on the defense. Never know ..he just might
    be DJ’s successor (oh, how I hate even thinking of the Yankees with no DJ). Sori keeps chalking up the saves but I wish he could do it without giving me indigestion. I can’t wait for Andy to pitch on Tuesday. May he be as successful as Nova in his first start back. I’m bummed I won’t be at the game as I’m going on Thursday but I’ll get to see Andy the following Sunday when he pitches his next time out. GOOOOOO ANDY !!! Here’s hoping the A’s cage the birds tonight.

I’m so excited because I have wanted to see Barbra Streisand for such a LONG time as she is my favorite solo singer (Beatles are my favorite group). The tickets have always been so costly for her concerts but I finally decided I’m treating myself and I will be going on Oct. 11th. She is doing concerts at the new Nets Barclay Center in Brooklyn. I’m hoping the Yankees can win the ALDS in three games so I can truly enjoy Babs without worrying about the game (which could be on the 11th). I’m fully confident the Yanks will be there just not that they will win in three. I’m hoping the playoff Gods are on my side for this one …. :o).

Have a great rest of the weekend. We are having beautiful weather in NY and I’m really enjoying it after the humidity of this past summer. GOOOOOOOOOO Yankees !!!

Go Yankees 2012 !!

Hope you and John can meet up, Peggy. I think he does go to the games early, so I bet you will. Fun that you have Babs to look forward to on the 11th since she’s your fave!