Oh, Puleeeze

August 27th, 2012 by Jane Heller

That was ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

How do you hit all those homers, have good outings by Phelps and Robertson, knock the Blue Jays’ pitchers around with comebackers, tie the game in the ninth…and lose in extra innings?

Soriano blew the save, that’s how, but Lowe and Chavez made defensive mistakes and the offense failed when it counted.

It was painful. But not as painful as Tex suffering a calf strain that could keep him out of the stretch run. I couldn’t believe when he felt something at the plate but ran the bases anyway. How dumb do you have to be? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Just so I don’t leave this post on a sour note, congratulations to D-Rob on his new baby. Very cute!

Tags: , , , , ,

11 Responses to “Oh, Puleeeze”

1. YankeeCase says:

Blame me on this one. Blame me, it’s my fault…

2. Sean K says:

Awwww… what an adorable baby.

Can’t say the same for the game. I hope Tex’s injury isn’t serious. We need him in the lineup.

Oh well. We just have to beat TB and Baltimore when we play them and we’ll be good.

I also couldn’t believe how many times we hit their pitchers (not their pitches…their actual pitchers) — that was kind of weird. Losing Tex, even for just 1 to 2 weeks, isn’t a good thing. Glad to see that Chavez seems to be hitting again…but we still need Ibanez to step back up to the plate. I know that Soriano has been practically lights out closing for us this year, but that was a tough one to lose. Down to the last out and he gives up a three run homer?!!! Ugh.

Now we really have to step it up and take the next two…GO YANKEES!!! And the baby really is adorable, but why wouldn’t he be. Did everyone see the sign Swisher made for him? That was cute.

OK, YankeeCase. I’ll blame you. Now, what did you do to cause it? Do tell.

A strain 1 calf is what Jeter had last year, Sean, and he was gone quite awhile. I sure hope Tex’s calf heals faster.

I didn’t see the sign, Diane. What did it say?

I purchased MLB-tv for ten bucks yesterday so was able to watch. I would have been better off going to bed ignorantly unaware of how that one ended.

D-Rob and his baby are both adorable!

At least Robbie Cano is starting to show some life – that’s a good thing. The Tex thing makes me crazzy. I’ve said it before and I will say it again – when we win the world series this year we will have earned our way in, not bought our way in as everyone accuses. We have limped our way through this injury-ridden season and cobbled together a generally winning team anyway. True grit.

At least Tamp lost also.

6. Christy says:

Time to put the pedal to the mettle !!!

After he hit a homerun they showed Swisher in the dugout – he was smiling (when does that ever happen) and holding a big sign that said “That one’s for you L.J.” — the baby’s name is Luke Joseph Robertson. It was cute.

You’re right, Audrey. If we’re lucky enough to get through to a championship, no one can say it was easy because it’s the Yankees. The injury bug has hit a lot of teams, but ours hasn’t been immune. I just hope this latest one won’t sink us.

Right you are, Christy!

Thanks, Diane. Must have missed that. I was switching back and forth between the game and the U.S. Open.

Oww. That was Painful. And at home, no less.

A very worrisome time. So MANY injuries…can’t watch closely every day like y’all do, but it amazes me that the Yanks are still in it (let ALONE being still on top) with all the age and near-constant injuries. Just hope that either the HRs keep coming, or the RISP finally become RI$P (as in cashed-in, knowhutImean?), or that Cano Heats Up (how about All Of The Above)?

Jersey Bob, still fighting serious health issues, will call when feeling good enuf to be cantankerous. He thinx the Yanks should emulate the Sawx (hated to even type that) and dump a whole lotta salary and some talent to get younger and hungrier (and cheaper?). Okay, I reply, but let’s wait ’til next year for that. We still have this year…

10. Melissa says:

Right Dave, the SAwks have given up on this season. We are in first.

Shame on the fans who booed soriano. Yes, it was a tough loss, but he’s been so good to us this year!

I love how awkwardly Robertson is holding the baby. He ‘ll be an expert at it within a week!

I don’t think the Yankees need to get hungrier, Dave, with all due respect to your friend. They need to get healthy and do a better job of hitting with RISP. That said, they’re in first place and the home runs have been fun.

I agree about the booing, Melissa. The blown save was a crusher, but it’s not as if Soriano hasn’t been great all year.