Clap Clap Clap, Kuroda!

August 14th, 2012 by Jane Heller

I honestly thought he’d pull off the no-hitter tonight. He was that good – and against a team with mighty bats in their lineup. I can’t say enough what a pleasant surprise he’s been this season, often with very little run support. Such a warrior.

And how about Swisher since he was moved to the #2 hole? All he does is hit homers. He put us on the board tonight in what was an intense pitcher’s duel, then Tex went belly-to-belly.

This one was exciting and it had a happy ending. What more can a Yankee fan ask for? (Peggy, I think you need to go again tomorrow night in case you’re our lucky charm for this series.)

Oh. I guess I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the story that broke today on Yahoo Sports about the Red Sox and their attempted mutiny.

(That would be Valentine at sword’s point, waist deep in water….)

Tags: , , ,

13 Responses to “Clap Clap Clap, Kuroda!”

1. Sean K says:

Another Kuroda outing, and they actually get him enough to win. He was pitching just as well last year but the Dodgers would seemingly lose every… single… game… he… pitched by either 1-0 or 2-1.

What a great acquisition. If he can do this in the playoffs…

Keep the momentum going, boys!

2. John says:

Reports out of Boston this morning tell of Petroia embracing Bobby Valentine after last nights loss saying “we really do love that guy”! He then retreated into the clubhouse along with Beckett, Lackey (DL) and Lester to enjoy the newly reinstated beer and Popeye chicken buffet. All is well in Mudville again!

A very defining win last night. The entire roster is contributing.

All the Boston drama comes right in time for their next bout with our Yankees. Should make it even more interesting. Last night’s game was a dream come true — Newsday’s headlines called it “Hiro-ic” — pretty funny. They must have had to iron Swisher’s face to get rid of the smile — two HR’s in back to back games to get us two W’s – that’s the way, Swish. I don’t know if The Yankees are even considering signing him again for next year but he’s making his case. On the radio they were talking about The Mets going after him if he doesn’t get picked up by The Yankees. Anyway, they have now won 7 of their last 8 games and they are looking like the team that played in most of July. GO YANKEES!!!

Kuroda must be used to having little or no run support, Sean, which does bode well for the playoffs when runs are harder to come by.

When I first read your comment, John, I fell for it. Silly me.

I don’t know what Cashman will do about Swisher, Diane. As you say, he’s making his case. I just have this feeling they’ll want to go younger, although we don’t have anyone great in the system, do we?

5. Peggy says:

Hi Jane & Fellow Baseball Fans…

Great game last night …only thing that would have made it better would have been a no-no. I’ve been to hundreds of games and I have yet to witness one..boo hoo. The weather was beautiful too…thankfully !!

Jane, I wish I could go tonight but I have dinner plans with friends. I’m sure the boys in pinstripes will do just fine …especially since your fave…Sweaty Freddy is pitching. If it’s anywhere near as humid as Monday night they better have buckets ready for him….haha. Naturally, I’ll have my Iphone tuned to the game throughout dinner. I’m very fortunate to have such understanding friends who accept my Yankee craziness.. :o).

John…talk about craziness …the Sox are one big mess at the moment. Couldn’t happen to a “nicer” team or manager. I have always hated the smirk that is a fixture on Bobby V’s face. I loved when the Yankees beat the Mets in the World Series and wiped it right off his face …if only for a short time. He was back to smirking shortly after…

Anyway …here’s to more Yankee wins…GOOOOOOOOO Yankees !!!

Go Yankees 2012

Well, okay, Peggy. If you can’t go, you can’t go. Hopefully Freya will keep the momentum going while she’s at the Stadium tonight with Sweaty Freddy on the mound. LOL.

7. Leo says:

Peggy I love your optimism as always. Even during slumps, you always make me smile and I’m sure you do the same for others. There’s not much else left to say what hasn’t already been said. Hiroki has been a solid addition to the rotation and after the early season hiccups, has been an ace like pitcher which we needed since CC went down. Pitching down to sun 3 ERA after having one at the high 4s is great. I hope he continues to be this consistent because as of now, Nova and Hughes aren’t consistently reliable just yet.

8. Peggy says:

Jane …That’s right …Freya will be there to carry the torch. It should be our goal to have a She-Fan or He-Fan present at every Yankee game to represent our wonderful little community.

Thanks for the kind words Leo…I find it’s better to be optimistic than the alternative. Of course, I have my moments when I want to jump in the dugout and strangle a particular player…LOL. Fortunately …being Yankee fans we have a lot less bad moments than fans of other teams for which I am truly grateful. I don’t know how optimistic I’d be if I was a Royals fan …haha.

Here’s something interesting for anyone in the NYC area …a gathering of writers who are going to talk about the Yankees (including Jane Leavy who wrote the book about The Mick). It’s at the Museum of the City of New York on Wednesday, August 22nd at 6:30. I definitely plan on going. The event is listed under
    Damn Yankees: Twenty-Four Major League Writers on the World’s Most Loved (and Hated) Team

The website is: https://boxoffice.mcny.org/public/show.asp

Go Yankees 2012 !!

9. margaret says:

When I heard about Melky failing the drug test my first thought was…..”Gee maybe he has Low T”
    I think I am watching way too many commercials.

And I was thinking that people will come up with new T-shirts to replace the “Got Milk” ones, Peg. What a misguided choice he made.

11. margaret says:

Jane that was a very nice way of putting it – ‘misguided choice.’
    Because you see my 2nd thought was “dumb ass”

Here’s to a 3rd win tonight. :-)

12. Barbara says:

I couldn’t believe d Lowe the other night–his statements of I want to be a red sox were the day he was released so very recently. I bet he is glad he’s not there! I then couldn’t believe how great kuroda was last night. This is getting fun again. I wish the clutch homers and good pitching could continue. we need to hang on until Andy and cc return. The king helped us out with his perfect game against the mariners. I hope sweaty freddy doesn’t make us sweat too much!

I couldn’t believe that perfect game, Barbara. I watched the last four innings and Felix was crazy good. And the Rays? Have they been no-hit more than any team in history? Sure feels that way.