Eric Chavez Is Hot

August 9th, 2012 by Jane Heller

Photo: Michael Zagaris/MLB Photos via Getty Images

Yes, this is a girly post. Deal with it.

I have a crush on Chavez and I can’t help it. (I still love Mo the best, and that’s a whole different matter.) I think “Chavy” looks much better without the facial hair but I did get a chuckle out of this old pic of him in a hot tub.

Anyhow, he’s been tremendous for the Yankees and today was no exception. Tex hit an absolute bomb to tie the game, but it was Chavez’s bomb that put us ahead for good.

I didn’t watch the whole finale against the Tigers – I think it was the sixth when I turned on the TV – so I only saw the replays of the controversy that sent Girardi into a tizzy. I can see why he would want to play the game under protest, but we all know those protests hardly ever amount to anything except showing the players that managers support them and their efforts.

Overall, it looked like the Yankees were on the bad end of a lot of calls – foul balls, close plays at bases, strike zone – but they won. Soriano made it an adventure but he came back strong to get the job done. Kuroda was his usual efficient self and what I’ve come to admire about him is his consistency. He gives us innings and rarely gives up a lot of runs. What more can you ask for?

So. We split the series against a team that had been on fire. I feel better about things.

P.S. Here’s a funny link to Girardi’s tizzy. http://bit.ly/NOyBHY

Tags: , , , ,

13 Responses to “Eric Chavez Is Hot”

O-M-G. I agree about the facial hair – not a fan. But everything else is very, very nice. Chavez has definitely been great – 9 for 16 in the series, I think they said. It was nice that my two crushes crushed the ball to give us the win. A good game and a good way to finish a tough series. Now let’s go take it to Toronto – Go Yanks!

Your two crushes did very well, Audrey. If only Chavez could play in Toronto. I think I heard he’ll probably sit against their pitchers in favor of Jones.

3. Ladyjane303 says:

I’m in total agreement about Chavez. Definitely crush-worthy in so many ways. He’s been great for us this season, as has Ibanez. Can’t imagine where we’d be without the 2 of them.

Glad I’m not alone in my Chavez crush, Ladyjane. LOL. So true about him and Ibanez. Who would have guessed how much they’d contribute.

Hi. Quik Chek In. Very encouraging/inspiring W last nite. Saw that replay of the fair ball down the 3B-line that got Girardi going nuclear…note what the ump said? HE CALLED IT TOO QUICK. What have I/we been saying about the MLB umps all season??? SLOW DOWN THOSE CALLS — just a tick — and get them RIGHT the first time. Amen. Now, good luck in Tronna…

6. Melissa says:

Oh Jane(s) and Audrey, you are SO not alone with your crushes on Chavez. He is a mighty nice looking man.

7. Melissa says:

Btw, when I first saw the picture above I thought it was CJ Wilson!

I agree, Dave. The umps have had a bad season and they need to slow down, among other things.

CJ Wilson? Hm, I can sort of see it, Melissa, but he’s not as “beefy” as Chavez.

10. Freya says:

Put me on the Chavez crush list too. I think he’s HOT!

I guess it’s unanimous, Freya!

12. Maria says:

Oh imagine my delight, when during some down time at work I just did a Google search of “Eric Chavez images” and came across this lovely photograph. *sigh* Is there room for me in there Cha-Cha?

HAHA, Maria. I think you’d have lots of company.