Wow. Sounds Like I Missed A Nail Biter.

July 13th, 2012 by Jane Heller

I was out for dinner with friends – without cell service at the restaurant – so I had no idea what happened in the game until I got in the car and started driving home.

So Martin was the hero. Did he ever need to get off to a good start in the second half. Did the Yankees ever need him to get off to a good start in the second half.

And Tex with the two homers. Impressive. I hope he goes on a tear now.

The Angels are always tough, so I was nervous about tonight’s matchup. But Kuroda is proving to be a consistent guy for us, long ball aside.

Way to kick off the rest of the season, Yankees. I was really happy to walk out of that restaurant tonight and hear the good news.

Tags: , , ,

9 Responses to “Wow. Sounds Like I Missed A Nail Biter.”

1. Barbara says:

The game went from painful–lead off triple and didn’t score in one inning followed by lead off double that didn’t score–to the next inning of total glory. I couldn’t believe tex would hot another home run and then it was so nice for martin to come through with two outs no less. Wow. It was so much fun. Tex also made an amazing play at first. Nice way to return to baseball

A leadoff triple? Ugh, Barbara, I wouldn’t have been happy with that or the leadoff double. But I was very happy with the outcome and love the fact that they came back and showed how scrappy they can be. And for Martin to contribute like that was huge – for him and the team.

I was really happy for Russell Martin last night – he made several great defensive plays to nail base runners (stealers) and then he had the chance to be the hero and came through. After hearing from every commentator from here to LA about Russell’s offensive woes it was very satisfying. And Tex – what can I say about my man? He’s picking up right where he left off in Boston.

I will give myself a little credit here – in the middle of the eighth I was desparate enough to fill one of my little Yankee helmet cups with ice cream for a good luck snack. I’m sure that little piece of magic was what really made the difference;). To be on the safe side, I’m going to bring a little cup of snack mix with me to the stadium on Sunday. Couldn’t hurt.

Go Yankees, especially on Sunday. And please don’t rain!

Oh, that’s right – you’re going on Sunday, Audrey. Wish I could be there with you like last year, but I have commitments here. If I remember right from yesterday’s post, I think Peggy will be there. Maybe you two could meet up? (Peggy, are you reading?) Anyhow, I hope it doesn’t rain; we had that downpour last year when YankeeCase was there too. But you should definitely bring your lucky helmet cup.

Sounds like fun – how about it, Peggy? Does anyone know who is pitching on Sunday? I see Garcia is on the mound today so it should be Hughes or Nova – I hope Nova, since he’s a favorite of mine. Plus, we saw Hughes back in August when he gave up all those runs to Oakland (before the Yankees scored their 22).

6. Peggy says:

Hi Jane, Audrey and Fellow Baseball Fans…

Yes …I’ll be there on Sunday. Nova is pitching. I’d love to meet up and say hi. I will probably be there around noon. My seats are in section 418.

Jane …can you give Audrey my email address and I’ll contact her and give her my cell #.

We had a fun time last night …I love hanging with my Yankee Group. Great game …I knew they were going to come back and win after I saw that Downs had an 0.30 ERA. He was due to get touched up and Tex certainly touched him. I’m happy Tex had such a great game and even moreso that Martin played terrific…not just the winning hit but also his play behind the plate throwing 3 men out with the biggie the last play of the game. I love MO but thank goodness Sori is doing the job in his absense. If the guys can put it all together the second half there will be no stopping them. How about that shot by the kid Trumbo?? YOWZA !!! The Angels definitely have a nice twosome with the T & T boys…shades of the M & M boys. They are both so young but such amazing ballplayers. I just hope they aren’t that terrrific whenever they play us (last night they each had two hits and the big blast ..so …hopefully they have it out of their system for the rest of the series).

I’m off to my niece’s Sweet Sixteen upstate …hate doing the drive but love seeing the family. I’ll be running in an out of the house keeping track of the game and it’s all DVR’d to watch in full when I get home.

Have a great weekend all…hope to see you at the Stadium Audrey ….GOOOOOOOOO YANKEES !!!

Go Yankees 2012 !!!

We’re in section 407A, Peggy, so it should be easy to meet up. I’ll look for your email. I’m going out for a few hours in a bit but will answer when I’m home.

Audrey, just sent you Peggy’s email so you guys can be in touch. Have fun on Sunday and bring us a win.

9. Emma says:

That is nice that Peggy Audrey are meeting.
    Today I am meeting Nick Diunte from New York who I follow on twitter and I read his NY Baseball history at examiner.com He is also a SABR member like me.
    -Emma