Groan

July 2nd, 2012 by Jane Heller

That game was so stupid!

Sweaty Freddy pitched really well and the Yankees had a lead, although slim, and then – boom. Robertson gave up the double and Tex botched the ground ball and the offense went to sleep and that was that. So frustrating.

I don’t love when the boys play at the Trop and the green carpet was looking particularly unattractive tonight, but this game was annoying even without any catwalk craziness. Maybe it was the evil cowbells?

Tags: , , ,

9 Responses to “Groan”

1. Sean K says:

Oh well. TB is a tough team.

We’ll try again tomorrow. Hopefully we win.

TB hasn’t been so tough, Sean. The Yankees should have won that one.

I did love it when Matsui didn’t catch the fly ball in the first. Sorry he’s hurt…his run with The Yankees, while short, was productive. And we really can’t be too angry at Tex…that was his first (and probably last) error of the season. Our team definitely does not like player in Tampa so let’s just hope they take one of the next two games before heading into Boston. If I don’t write again today, I wish everyone a wonderful 4th of July. GO USA!!! GO YANKEES!!!

I thought Matsui’s mishap with that fly ball would lead to lots of runs, Diane, but we just didn’t get that big inning we needed. Not angry at Tex – he’s saved many a game for us – but a little worried about Robertson, who hasn’t been sharp since his stint on the DL. Happy July 4th to you.

Ouch. Not so much the outcome, but the way it happened…

Said it before, say it again. Back in the Chamber of Horrors. My own personal Least Favorite Place for my team(s) — baseball, football, hockey or hoops — to have to play. Hope the Yanks don’t EVER have to face these guys in this place in the playoffs. Hope hope hope…

Hope some more that D-Rob gets back in that good groove. And happy 4th to one and all (no fireworks shows in our locales, because 200,000+ people still have NO POWER; we still have no phones/TV/internet, but it’s hard to complain when your neighbors are melting…)

Sorry the storm has affected so many in your area, Dave. I know how frustrating it is.

7. Melissa says:

When I watch Robertson pitch, I think of the great line from Wallace and gromit “the bounce has gone out of his bungee.”
    I think he just needs a little more time to find his bounce again. Hope it’s quick!

I think you’re right, Melissa. He needs more bounce in his bungee!

9. Ruth says:

Totally frustrating, especially because we had survived Sweaty Freddy’s outing! May I digress for a moment about one of the Rays’ heroes from last night? I went to an Atlanta Braves one-day women’s camp a couple years ago. Brooks Conrad was with the Braves at the time. He had the unenviable task of leading the group of players who were subjected to all us women. He is a SUPREMELY FRIENDLY, professional, and and down-to-earth guy. I was so sad for him when he had the horrible errors in the 2010 playoffs. I was excited to see him come to the plate last night, and of course was cursing his name shortly thereafter. But he is still a great guy and I am a fan of his for life.