Off-Day Goings On

May 24th, 2012 by Jane Heller

1. To Sell Or Not To Sell

First we had the Daily News report that the Steinbrenners were putting out feelers about selling the Yankees. Then we had vigorous denials from Hal Steinbrenner, Randy Levine and Lonn Trost, plus a comment from MLB. Probably much ado about nothing but it made for good copy on an otherwise blah news day.

2. Chad Curtis Emerges From Obscurity (And Not In A Good Way)

According to the AP, the former Yankee has been accused of sexual misconduct by two teenage girls who are students at the Michigan high school where he’s supposed to become the football coach. My most vivid memory of him is when he and Jeter got into a fight about fraternizing with opposing players (Chad was not in favor of it) and the next thing I knew he was gone. Which is what happens when you mess with Jeter.

3. Another Player Testifies In The Clemens Case

Former Oriole David Segue corroborated McNamee’s claims about the Rocket in today’s installment of a trial I don’t much care about. I can’t imagine the prosecutors getting a conviction out of this case so it’s a waste of everybody’s time and money. I’m just glad Pettitte didn’t have to hang around in DC and get dragged down by it all.

In other news, I went shopping instead of watched a baseball game this afternoon, which was dangerous for my bank account. It’s much safer when I’m home in front of the TV.

Here’s to a great series in Oakland.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

6 Responses to “Off-Day Goings On”

1. Sean K says:

Now way in he!! do the Yankees get sold. They make money for the Steinbrenners hand over fist, plus the brothers would by lynched if they did.

The Yankees do make money, Sean, and I agree it’s unlikely the Steinbrenners are genuinely interested in selling. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they floated the idea to their investment people in light of the Dodgers’ sale to gauge value.

Creepy story about Chad Curtis – I saw it on the news this morning. I’m not paying any attention to the Clemen’s trial so I have no comment. Like I said before, while I don’t think that The Steinbrenners are actively seeking to sell the team, I think their ears are open for an offer. I’m not saying they would necessarily jump at a big number, but they’d talk about it. Anyway, looking forward to watching most of the Rangers game before the Yankees come on tonight – lets hope both NY teams win. GO NEW YORK!!!

Very creepy, Diane. He’s only alleged to have done it, but he always struck me as an intense, kind of strange guy. I agree about the Steinbrenners. Good thing that for once the Rangers and Yanks won’t start at the same time. It’ll be hard to switch over though. Those hockey games are so tense that you can’t look away.

5. Peggy says:

Hi Jane & Fellow Baseball Fans…

Oh my …I just thought of something…I will have to leave the dirty dishes in the sink till 1:00 am or later while they are on the coast…UGH !!! I can’t stand dishes in the sink an hour after I eat so this is going to be a tough one for me. Also… if they lose I’m definitely not going to be happy about doing dishes at 2:00 am (I could never sleep if I left dishes in the sink..it would bother me too much). I’m one of these nutty people who has to have everything in order before I go to bed…nothing out of place so I MUST do the dishes no matter the time. Oh well …as long as it works I’ll definitely take one for the team.

I’m not a hockey fan in the least but due to the fact that I worked at MSG for 9 years I always root for the Rangers and Knicks if they are in the playoffs. Let’s Go Rangers !!!!

Here’s hoping the Yankees win all the late night games so I can get to bed as early as possible after the game… :o).

I also hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Holiday Weekend….ENJOY !!!

Go Yankees 2012 !!!

Peggy, I hereby give you permission to clean up the kitchen whenever you feel like it! I’m the same way you are – totally compulsive about not going to bed with anything out of order. And yes, let’s hope for some quick games (if the Yanks are on the winning side, of course), because I’m afraid I’ll fall asleep even with the time difference. Enjoy your holiday weekend.