This Commercial Almost Made Me Root For The Cubs

March 6th, 2012 by Jane Heller

I said “almost.”

It’s a terrific ad. It got me all teary eyed for those long-suffering Cubs fans, but then I came to my senses and said, “Nah.”

Tags: , , ,

8 Responses to “This Commercial Almost Made Me Root For The Cubs”

1. Ruth says:

To recall the ‘War Horse’ days…..you’re a cold-hearted woman, Jane…..<3

Ahahaha, Ruth. You remembered that. (Apparently, I wasn’t alone in my opinion of “War Horse.” It didn’t exactly knock ‘em dead at the Oscars.) The commercial did move me – just enough to remind me why I love being a Yankee fan.:)

Wow…that was great, Jane…hadn’t yet seen it, so Thanks!!
    Because I love baseball, it’s not all that hard for me to shift allegiances temporarily during a postseason (esp. if Our Boyz are out early, or…Heaven Forbid…not there at all). It was easier in the old days, when only two teams per league were in it (and b4 that, when it was The One or none). So…
    There is a deep thing going with those Cubbies. Red Sox fans only THINK they suffered. How’d you like to not even have gone to a WORLD SERIES since 1945?? I have friends who live(d) in Chicago, and took absolutely no joy out of the Chisox winning it all in 2005…in fact, they HATED it, much like many Yankee fans have in ’69 and ’86 when That Other NY Team won it (well, maybe not so much in ’86…you know…).
    But every so often, we gotta really appreciate how lucky we are to have the team we’ve had. Amen.

We’re very lucky, Dave. No question. I feel for Cubs fans and if the Yankees weren’t in the running (perish the thought), I could be convinced to throw my support to them.

5. YankeeCase says:

I love this commercial, Jane… I saw it the other day and I immediately posted it on my FaceBook page. This game is eerily close to the real baseball we see on the field. It really is that good and that realistic. It’s so good, I still play the 2010 version! I didn’t even buy last year’s! I am thinking about getting this new one though.

Having said that… If you notice, the cover athlete is none other than Adrian Gonzalez from, ahem, you know, that team with all the red and whatnot. I refused to buy the ’09 version because Dustin Pedroia was on the cover. I refuse to pay for anything Red Sox, or have that filthy logo defile my house! So if I’m really going to get this year’s game I’m going to get a little creative…

I’m going to buy the Canadian version of the game which features Jose Bautista on the cover and all the in game loading screens. Yes, Jane, it really is that serious… My contempt knows no bounds! I’ll be heading over to bestbuy.ca soon enough! Queue ‘Blame Canada’ from South Park! Lol…

The only thing I’ll have to deal with is the occasional “aboot” and “eh?” from the announcers, haha!

You actually buy these games, YankeeCase? I guess the actual games are enough baseball for me. Have fun with your Canadian version.

7. YankeeCase says:

Well everything gets shut down when the Yankee game is on. And though I’d rather be playing baseball on a field somewhere, this game is just as good. I never get rained out and there is no offseason! :D

Hm, you do raise a good point, YankeeCase.