A Christmas Present For Yankee Fans

December 24th, 2011 by Jane Heller

I was reading an article in the New York Times this morning about ballplayers who guest star on TV shows, and it linked to this. What a wonderful surprise. For those who either remember the Ed Sullivan show or just get a kick out of seeing our former Yankee greats, you’ll love this as much as I did. Enjoy.

Tags: , , , , ,

15 Responses to “A Christmas Present For Yankee Fans”

1. John says:

FANtastic!!!

I think the next act was Topo Geegio!

Haha, John. I loved that little mouse.

3. Freya says:

What a nice present Jane. I loved watching the video. I miss those guys.

Me too, Freya. Looking at Mickey is always a treat for me.

5. Peggy says:

Hi Jane & Fellow Baseball Fans….

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and a very Happy Holidays to everyone. I hope it’s filled with Love, Peace & Happiness. If you are visiting family and friends I hope you have a safe journey. Thanks for the terrific Christmas present Jane…anything including the Mick makes it fantastic and when other Yankees are involved it takes it over the top (not to mention it was good seeing Ed Sullivan again). I am fortunate to have many things to be thankful for one of which is this blog and the wonderful people who share their comments throughout the whole year not just the baseball season. I love reading it each and every day. I thank you Jane for the gift of your prose and for bringing these fans into my life. I thank each and every blogger for giving me a smile every day.

Enjoy the Holidays and just think …we are that much closer to Spring Training …. :o)

Go Yankees 2012 !!!

Merry Christmas to you, Peggy, and thanks for all your kind words. I knew you’d love seeing Mickey. And Ed really seemed into it, didn’t he? (For him. LOL.) We all appreciate your comments throughout the year and here’s hoping you go to lot of games and bring us plenty of wins.

Happy happy holidays to all…and THANK YOU Jane for such a WONDERFUL find! As time goes by, it floors me all the more that there was once a day when I met & “got to know” all four of ‘em…was it real? Ohh, yes…and all the more amazing that three are still with us. So glad they’ve had long lives after baseball, too.
    May we all live to such lengths that we can look back with fondness on such people and such things. Nothing is to be taken for granted, and may we count our blessings always. Happy New Year to you all…

Happy Holidays to you, Dave. And thanks for those wise sentiments. Glad you enjoyed seeing “the boys” again. Seems like only yesterday in some ways…

9. John says:

Just finshed booking spring training 2012. My kids gave my wife and I hotel and restaurant certificates for Christmas. What a blow me away surprise!

March 9th through 15th, 2 away games and 3 home games including the Fried Chicken Sox. Called Ray the ticket guy and he set us up with seats at 4 of the five games.

Can’t wait.

Are you going Jane? How about anyone else?

What nice kids you have, John! You must be very excited about the trip, particularly since your man Ray is already on the case. I doubt I’ll be going this year (too much work) but we shall see.

11. jane says:

What a treat to see! It’s too bad we couldn’t have gotten a modern day version on Leno with the Core Four! A very belated blessed holiday season to all the other Yankee fans out there, be they She or He Fans. There is strength in numbers. Looking forward to an exciting 2012 season.

Also wanted to let everyone know to tune into ESPN today to check out the New Era Pinstripe Bowl at the Stadium, as our very own Iowa State Cyclones will be taking on Rutgers this afternoon. They come in with a 6-6 record but in October knocked off still undefeated Oklahoma State to help their cause. I’m not a football fan at all but it would have been very cool to see an Iowa team play at my own personal Mecca! Go Clones!

Happy Holidays to you, Jane, and thanks for the heads up about the Pinstripe Bowl. I’m not a football fan but I love your enthusiasm about your Iowa Cyclones playing in the Bronx. All I hear about Iowa these days is the countdown to the Caucuses!

13. jane says:

Yes, 2 of our 3 state universities play in bowl games today, so they are a very welcome diversion from the political ad, phone calls, editorials. etc.

14. John says:

Fifty days till pitchers and catchers and 69 days till I arrive at camp.
    Happy New Year all!