An Advance “Happy Thanksgiving” To All

November 20th, 2011 by Jane Heller

As we come up on turkey day, I wanted to wish everyone a happy holiday. There won’t be much to blog about this week other than:

1. Granderson not winning the MVP (just a wild guess).
  2. Bobby Valentine getting the Red Sox job (another guess).
  3. No Yankees trades or signings (if I’m wrong I’ll write about it, but the Phillies seem to be the only team with a pulse right now).

So I’ll probably take a break from posting for a few days.

Do I have plans for Thursday? You bet. Michael and I will be driving down to L.A. as we do every year for a feast at our friend Rhonda’s. Those who’ve been reading this blog for awhile will remember that it’s at Rhonda’s annual Thanksgiving dinners where I get into occasional food fights with Dodger fans/Yankee haters and then post the She-Fan Cam videos right here. Take a look at the 2010 edition. This year I have no doubt I’ll hear about the Yankees’ first round ouster from the playoffs, but I’ll have plenty of ammunition to toss back at the Dodger fans. I mean seriously. Their team is on the “Sale – Everything Must Go” rack, Kemp or no Kemp, Kershaw or no Kershaw, Mattingly or no Mattingly. Thursday should be fun.

Enjoy, everybody!

Tags: , ,

21 Responses to “An Advance “Happy Thanksgiving” To All”

1. John says:

Hope your Turkey Day is enjoyable as well.

If you run into anything you can’t handle (I doubt it) I am just a click away. I really crave Red Sox fans but I could take on a Dodger fan any time as well. Gobble, gobble gobble!

2. yankeefansince1941 says:

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you, young lady. You are one of the many things I am thankful for this year. I read your She-Fan blog every day and, lately, I have been checking out “Mainly Jane” as well. I enjoy them both. Thank you.

3. Ruth says:

Give ‘em hell, Jane! Whoops…I guess that really falls short of the spirit of the season…. I am grateful for our cyber-relationship and hope we can meet in 2012 at, oh I don’t know, at a movie screening or maybe at one of your book parties…..or at Yankee Stadium…a girl can dream! Happy Thanksgiving and Season’s Greetings!

4. Peggy says:

Hi Jane & Fellow Baseball Fans …

It’s been sooooooooo long since I wrote anything but I do read everyday and I’m so thankful for this blog and the wonderful people who post here everyday. Of course I’m most thankful for it’s author !!!

I’ve been so busy with the upcoming holidays and my daughter’s wedding in a few months that it seems every waking moment I’m on the go like the energizer bunny. I was so bummed out when the Yankees lost (I was at the final ALDS game). It took me a few days to get over it and now I’m just looking forward to a great new season. The only thing about the season I’m not looking forward to is the invoice for my seats at the Stadium …haha. Of course …I’ll be happy when I finally get to use them in the upcoming season .. :o)

Anyway …I hope everyone has a wonderful TURKEY DAY !!!! Enjoy it and gobble, gobble, gobble without any quilt because calories don’t count on Thanksgiving (that’s my story and I’m sticking to it…LOL).

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!!!!!

Go Yankees 2012 !!!

I should bring you with me, John. I have no doubt that you could handle the Dodger fans after all your great practice with Sox fans!

Thanks so much for all those kind words, yankeefansince1941. I’m thankful for your participation here and for the fact you’ve ventured over to Mainly Jane too.

I love the idea of meeting in the new year, Ruth – wherever and whenever. Cyberfriendships have become a wonderful way to connect with people and I’m grateful for them.

Hi, Peggy. The feeling’s mutual. Oooh, so your daughter’s wedding is so soon. I remember when you were just beginning to plan it. I hope your turkey day is delicious. I’ve been stuffing myself in anticipation. (For some reason when daylight savings time comes around and it gets dark early, I get really hungry!)

For some reason, seeing your Gotham Gobbler made me think of the Swedish Chef on those old Muppet Shows, and how he’d go running around looking for the “gobbla gobbla” all thru the show. Loved that stuff, but my simple mind is easily amused (as you know)…

Have a great Turkey Day at Help Me, Rhonda’s…I quite agree that you hardly need any more ammo to fire back at the Dodger “fans” — do remind them, however, that 2011 was sub-titled The Phillies-Red Sox Invitational Season, as they were the Offseason Champions of 2010-11. Your videos are always fun…

Home on the (Maryland) range, we invite back Da Boyz of Bal’mer (one from working, one from “studying”), starting tomorrow…got The Big Bird sittin’ in the basement fridge, lookin’ forward to food, drink, & football — works for me!

Have a great holiday, everybody…

Have fun with the family, the football and the turkey, Dave (and the beverages, of course)!

8. Darren says:

That turkey looks a little stoned. I love the World Series ring he is wearing!

Have a great Thanksgiving Jane. I hopee things don’t get too messy this year.

Haha, Darren. That turkey does looked stoned! Or maybe he just ate too much Thanksgiving dinner. (That’s how I look after stuffing myself.) I’ll report on my festivities and you enjoy yours.

10. Harold says:

Happy Thanksgiving holiday to all,
    I just heard that Verlander won the MVP and I think that there is no way that a pitcher should win that award. As good as Verlander was, and he was clearly the best pitcher in the league, he was a star for only some 25 games. I will never believe that Ellsbury, Cabrera, Granderson, and maybe a few others, weren’t stars in more than 25 games and “won” more than 25 games with their, bats, gloves and legs. I have the same objection to considering a DH for the MVP award since a DH plays only half the game.
    Maybe some day the award will be changed to Best Player or Most Outstanding Player so that voters can agree on MVP really means.
    Harold

11. Ruth says:

Thanks for breaking the MVP news, Harold….I hadn’t heard yet. My mouth fell open when I read that. I agree with you….just don’t think it’s right that a pitcher for win MVP when he only plays every 5 or 6 days. Incredible. I’m shocked.

I read that Verlander won, Harold, and I’m not surprised. The media kept saying he’d be the first pitcher to win it since Clemens in whatever year that was, so I figured it would happen. I do agree that the position players who are on the field every day should win it, not pitchers – especially since there’s a Cy Young Award – but I guess in this case the writers thought Verlander impacted his team more than anyone else impacted theirs.

I’m not shocked at all, Ruth. (See above.) But I’m disappointed that one of our Yanks was passed over yet again. Boo.

13. Freya says:

seems to me that the Yankees are always getting passed over

I think it’ll always be tougher for a Yankee to win an award, Freya. Just goes with the territory.

15. Jeff says:

Have a good turkey day and warm up your arm before the food fight starts!

16. Jeff says:

I keep trying to wish you a happy Thanksgiving and food fight but every time I enter my comment I’m told I already said that. Now I don’t know what I’ve said. Did someone spike my coffee this morning?

I’ll take your two Happy Thanksgivings, Jeff, and send two right back. The blog has been a bit strange in terms of technical problems, but we’re hoping to fix everything over the holiday when there’s less traffic.

18. yankeefansince1941 says:

Don’t feel bad for the Yankees being passed over for MVP awards and the like.They can count their blesssings when they deposit their multi-million dollar paychecks…which they deserve. After all, you can’t buy a steak with an award……….but still….

I doubt the players take award snubs as hard as the fans do, yankeefansince1941. I’m sure Granderson wasn’t expecting the win the MVP, for example. It would have been nice, but as you say he can console himself with a fat paycheck as well as our adoration.

20. Nadine says:

Have fun, Jane! Hope you’re going to enjoy the dinner! Can’t wait for the report and She-Fan-Cam proof! :)

Thanks, Nadine. I’ll be sure to report back. Happy T to you.