Colon gave the Yankees everything we could have hoped for – length, command, efficiency – and what happened? The offense couldn’t figure out Weaver, Jeter made an uncharacteristic error, Nunez got picked off, and the bullpen sucked (except for D-Rob). The result? The Angels celebrated on the field as if they’d won the World Series and we failed yet again to take advantage of a Red Sox loss. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
The only bright spot? Montero hit another homer. Well, and Bart was great, as I said.
So what’s the excuse for tonight’s loss? I don’t know, but here are my lingering questions.
- Are the Yankees still tired the way they were tired against Baltimore?
- Has Granderson wilted?
- Will the real Tex show up?
- Is A-Rod okay? (Why did Girardi pinch run for him anyway?)
- Could Mo not have been used, since he hasn’t pitched since 9/6?
- Will Swisher’s elbow be a serious injury?
- Why was Cervelli scratched from the lineup?
- Was Aaron Laffey really worth picking up off the scrap heap?
I’m tired of losing at Angel Stadium and I’m tired of watching my team blow chance after chance to win the AL East and I’m just tired. Good night!