So The Yanks Won Again, I See

September 3rd, 2011 by Jane Heller

I was out today, so I didn’t watch or listen to the game. But I jumped for joy when I got home and read about it. Woohoo!

Sounds like special applause should go to:

1. Cano
  2. Swisher
  3. Jones
  4. Cervelli
  5. Montero (sweet that he got his first hit)
  6. Robertson.

But where’s the Colon that shuts teams down? I know, I know. He gave us innings and he pitched well enough to win. I’m just a little worried that he’s a bit out of gas.

Anyhow, I love that we got the “W” and that A-Rod’s back in the lineup. Life is good in Yankeeville. Now if the Rangers could do more damage at Fenway, things would be even rosier.

Tags: , , ,

10 Responses to “So The Yanks Won Again, I See”

Great way to spend a quiet Saturday afternoon. Now if we can just keep this winning streak going until the end of September that ought to do it!

2. Barbara says:

it was a great saturday afternoon although it was a bit worrisome at some points. by the way, the boston globe not only had the standing wrong but wrote that gardner hit his homerun off of nova. i guess the yankees just freaked out the sports section.

Wouldn’t that be nice, Audrey. I just hope we can get everybody back in the lineup and healthy – soon.

The Globe really was that far off, Barbara? Surprising since they’re a good paper. You must be right and their sports section has had a nervous breakdown.

4. YankeeCase says:

Hey Audrey, it’d be even better if we can get a winning streak all the way through the end of October ;) !

Missed most of this game too, but caught the important milestone with Montero’s hit. We should all make note of that clip. We’ll probably be seeing the same clip in five or six years when he gets to 1,000 hits, and then 2,000, and hopefully beyond… I have a lot of confidence in what this kid will become, whether it be a catcher, first baseman, DH, or whatever. Everyone raves about his hitting and projects him as the next coming of Manny Ramirez supposedly (hitting-wise, not ‘tude). He’s very cool and collected from the little I’ve seen of him so far, so we know he’s confident about his own abilities. Based on that confidence, we may be looking at the next captain of the Yankees in a few years (depending of course on a few factors, like what his frame of mind is, and if he can of course become that next great Yankee). Then again, he may just be so nervous on the inside that he can’t even react emotionally to what’s going on around him! lol… Talk about jumping to conclusions! But it is very easy to make jokes about the arrival of Jesus on the Yankees… lol.

Well, howdy…
    Been quite awhile since I’ve been able to post a thing. Trust that you got back to Cali all safely and soundly, Ms. Jane, and that all’s well with fellow bloggers.
    We had an interesting week. Couldn’t go to the NC beaches for obvious reasons. Tried to go to Williamsburg, but power was out ’til Tuesday, and all roads were flooded. So we escaped to the hills of Virginny, where we have a timeshare, and spent a calm, beauteous week a-swimmin’ and a-golfin’ (very badly) and a-playin’ tennis (not much better)…
    Meanwhile, I “girded my loins” for a 3-nite battle, expecting The Worst in Fenway, since the last time we went on vacation was June, and the Yankee-Haters exulted in a Sawx Sweep. And OMG, what happened? Well, I had to “shut my mouth” and smile like the proverbial canary-eating cat. It was all the more fun, getting grief from Wife and Son #1 all the while. And so far, so much MORE good (altho’ that Sawx 8-run rally yesterday was rather disgusting). Nice to hear about Hey-Zeus, mucho congrats, and I guess the most apropos tune of the day would be: “Jesus Is Just Alright With Me” (oh yeaaah!!)

Wow, YankeeCase. You have Montero’s future all mapped out for him. No pressure on him or anything. LOL. I know from first hand experience how much more positive you are about the boys in general. (I still marvel at your text that day at the game telling me they’d come back!) My take on Jesus is that he wasn’t even our best hitter in Scranton; Vasquez was. And you do remember that he was about to be shipped out for Cliff Lee. So while I hope he’s our everything-of-the-future, I’ll watch his progress optimistically but cautiously.

Hi, Dave. No, I’m not back in CA. Read some previous posts here and on Mainly Jane and you’ll be all caught up. Glad you were able to find a vacation spot away from Irene.

True that, Yankeecase!

8. Melissa says:

Very encouraging lately. They’ve been scoring with two outs and coming from behind. I love it!

9. YankeeCase says:

Ha! Let’s do it, Audrey!

Well Jane, the potential is there for Jesus is what I mean. Maybe instead of confidence he’s got an intense focus that will be way too much to be a leader. But he looks like he carries himself in a good way. He’s got the same look Jeter did when he got his first base hit so many years ago. People flock to confident individuals, or at least respect what they have to say for the most part. So we’ll see. But like you said, no pressure or anything! lol…

I love it too, Melissa. I just hope they don’t have to come from behind too often. It’s too nerve wracking.

Yes, he does have potential, YankeeCase. Just watched him get another hit in today’s game and score on Jeter’s homer. I love when Michael Kay said it was Cano who told him not to be nervous at the plate and to “count to ten.”