OK, Just One More Shot At AJ……

August 22nd, 2011 by Jane Heller

I do love the “It Is High…” blog.

And I do miss “The Sopranos.”

Here’s hoping all the Yankees are having a good time tonight, whatever they’re doing. I want them rested and relaxed (but not too relaxed) this week – especially on Thursday. They better not lose that day. And it better not rain.

Tags: , , , ,

21 Responses to “OK, Just One More Shot At AJ……”

1. John says:

Are you sticking around for “Irene”? She should be here in the Sunday-Monday timeframe. Hurricane’s don’t shake the ground but just about everything else!

Yup, John. I’ll be here for Irene. But she won’t be “here” on Sunday-Monday. She’ll be down south of us. If she does come through our neck of the woods, she will have lost some of her energy, I hope.

3. Jeff says:

Hope the storm stays away from you… as for the Yankees media storm? Well, that will never go away. And that’s okay… I think.

We’re used to media storms, Jeff. And this one is pretty tame. Actually, it’s been a pretty tame season, drama wise. (Hope I didn’t jinx it.)

5. Melissa says:

I don’t mean to downplay the serious nature of true addictions. But this slide show on the huffington post made me laugh when I thought about how I feel about Yankee baseball.

Melissa, I can most relate to the one about “important activities being ignored!” How many times have I said that to myself when I sit there watching a ballgame? A million? Probably more.

7. John says:

I hope your forecast comes true.

My son and I delve into weather a bit and this one could very well hug the coast after it hits North Carolina and actually head right for the part of CT you are staying in. It will surely lose some punch along the way. We haven’t had a hurricane hit for a long time and weather patterns in the northeast seem to point to some nasty weather in CT late this weekend.

Yanks sure don’t need any more rain outs!

We’re hurricane veterans, having been through many in the NE and in FL. We brought our rain gear!

9. Melissa says:

“Thinking About Substance or Activity” was one I related to. So many evenings I look at the clock and think “only 2 hours until the game.”

Well, yeah, Melissa. I’m guilty of that one too. I guess when you plan your entire day/night around games it’s pretty much an addiction. lol

“Might as well face it, you’re addicted to love” — yes, the late great Robert Palmer said it best, and Yes I Am — addicted to my First Love — beisbol!!
    There4, fellow addicts, here’s looking forward to another exciting week, hi-lited we hope by the arrival of Our She-Fan at The Stadium. Yes please, no mo’ rain for you (altho’ in my environs, when we did get the buckets o’rain on Sunday, it brought with it…NO HUMIDITY. At last. Hal-lay-loo-yah!!)…
    And so, like the determined morons that we are, 3/4 of the fambly rambles southward next Sunday for a vacation…where? A place called Atlantic Beach, NC — right in the TEETH of Irene, most likely! Right now, however, anything to get away from X-treme Home Makeover Madness will be welcome.
    Back to beisbol. Watching will be tuff next week, as I’ll be holed up with the two Yankee Haters in the family, and Son #2 is off to college. But they do root for the Nats and O’s, so I should get some updates. Here’s hoping that THIS is a GOOD week…and we get a li’l more help like we did last nite (almost hate to say this, but Thank You Tejas!)…and with Jane’s Good Vibes there to permeate The Stadium (hey…try channeling Happy Nadine and her freunds in Germany if times get tuff…works for me!!) — we’ll be O-K…

Yikes, Dave. You really could be right in the midst of the hurricane. On the other hand, the storms are so hard to predict; Dear Irene could go out to sea. I only hope I can bring the good vibes to Yankee Stadium the way Nadine did. I’ll do my best.

13. John says:

I will never mention the ground shaking again. My daughter called from New Haven. She was in a tall building and was evacuated rapidly. I felt nothing here at my house.

Haha, John! You seriously can’t talk about the ground shaking anymore. You east coast people are so funny. In CA this quake would be a non-event.

15. Melissa says:

Made me laugh that the ground shaking followed you Jane!

I brought it, Melissa. It’s all my fault. I can only imagine the pandemonium if I’d been at Yankee Stadium.

17. John says:

You got me!!

18. Sue says:

Jane, please leave your earthquakes home next time! My house felt like it was wiggling around (a strange feeling). I take it you’re going to Thursday’s game? Hope you have good weather, and a win! BTW, loved the Yankee bra in your other blog. :-)

Sorry about the quake, Sue! I should have made it stay out west. My bad. Yes, I’m going to the game on Thursday so I’m hoping for ZERO natural disasters. That bra is fabulous, right? You should make a Phillies one.

20. Terri says:

I think it’s funny how all the West-Coasters are making fun of the East-Coasters. I suppose we deserve it a little, but that’s the highest magnitude quake to hit the East Coast since 1944! That’s some serious time gap. Our buildings out here aren’t built for it; it likely felt worse than it would had the same thing happened in CA.

But hey, I’ve been to California, and I want to say this: Hey, West-Coasters! I can drive in the rain AND snow! :D

I hope your Yankees put on a good game for you Thursday, Jane!

You nailed it, Terri. We West-Coasters are making fun of East-Coasters about the quake, but we’re total wimps when it comes to rain. Nobody wants to drive in it – partly because the roads aren’t used to it so they get very slick and partly because it’s like, “Rain? What’s that?” I hope it doesn’t rain on Thursday!