Rainout Entertainment

April 22nd, 2011 by Jane Heller

Last night’s post was titled “Off-Day Weirdness.” This one, because of tonight’s postponement of Yankees-O’s at Camden Yards, is just pure fun – something to take our minds off the damp and dreary weather in Baltimore.

I don’t know about you, but I laughed all the way through this vid. Seriously laughed.

(courtesy: olaughingpress.com)

Tags: , , , , ,

14 Responses to “Rainout Entertainment”

1. Kristen says:

Too funny! And I had no idea Jeter was funny – I know, you all probably did :) – so glad he was able to make the team after being such a long shot, he he. Too cute.

That was GREAT. I remember Andy Kindler well from his numerous appearances on “Everybody Loves Raymond,” still our family’s fave sitcom. He was great as Raymond’s nerdy friend — and even funnier with this stuff! LOVE to see all Da Boyz goofin’ with him!! Didn’t know about Boomer being so involved with ST — but that’s great, too!
    Son #2 was all primed & ready to go to last nite’s ballgame — with Son #1, the O’s fan — they’d have had a merry time sitting next to each other and rooting hard for opposite teams. On second thought — given Son #2′s temper — maybe the beisbol gods were being nice to us by raining it out. They came home for GrEaster weekend, so there will be a rain check instead. You know, it WOULD be nice if we actually had spring in these here parts (often we go from dreary cold to instant heat & humidity, no spring at all)…but say la vee…meanwhile, thanx 4 the entertainment!!

Jeter is really funny in a very dry way, Kristen. He loves tweaking the writers, for example, so he was kind of doing the same thing in this skit.

Boomer was an instructor throughout spring training, Dave, working with the pitchers. I’m sure he kept everybody loose if nothing else. For the sake of peace in your household, sounds like last night’s rainout was a good thing. I hope the weather’s better today.

5. Jeff says:

JEET-UH JEET-UH! More reasons to have a MAN-crush on the man… nice.

Personally, my favorite part of the segment, Jeff, is when Kindler is at the concession stand and licks the hot dog!

7. Juan says:

My favorite part is when Alex tells Kindler that he’s not gonna feed him the popcorn. Cause Cameron Diaz fed A-Rod popcorn at the Super Bowl!

8. John says:

Thanks Jane for reminding me how much I really love Spring Training and how much I missed it this year.

9. Ellen says:

VERY FUNNY! :)

I like that part too, Juan. Always fun to see A-Rod be able to joke about himself.

Don’t be sad John. You’ll be back in action in Tampa next spring.

I thought so too, Ellen!

13. Nadine says:

Very good, Jane! Thanks for posting this, I seriously laughed for the first time in days. :)

Also happy to make you laugh, Nadine. We all need to!