Talk About An “I Don’t Care Moment”

March 18th, 2011 by Jane Heller

I was perusing MLB’s home page tonight and saw the story about Bonds’ perjury trial; it begins Monday. Does anyone still care about Bonds or whether he committed perjury?

Well, let me rephrase. I care as someone might care on a distant galaxy – far, far away.

This case just seems very old and well past its expiration date. Why? Because we already know the following:

1. Guys used steroids.
  2. Guys lied about using steroids.
  3. Not all the guys used steroids, but a lot of them did.
  4. The guys who did use steroids may or may not get into the Hall of Fame.

Isn’t that it in a nutshell? What more is there to say?

P.S. In Yankees news, A.J. Burnett was the Bad A.J. today. I’m not giving up on him though. Not entirely.

Tags: , ,

11 Responses to “Talk About An “I Don’t Care Moment””

1. Catherine says:

I don’t know, part of me does care about this trial. There would something about the home run “king” officially being called out for steroid use that would be very interesting.

Yes, there’s something to the “official” nature of an actual trial, Catherine. But he’s already been found guilty in the court of public opinion – long ago, in fact. So this whole show feels very old news to me.

3. Jeff says:

Totally with ya, Jane. Though I would like to see that smirk on Barry’s face wiped out with some good old fashioned butt whoopin!

4. Paul says:

This whole thing is a show; it’s a waste of time and money.

That’s just it, Jeff. I don’t think Bonds will get a butt whoopin. I think it’ll be a bunch of lawyers droning on and on without much drama. Total bore.

Agreed, Paul. A waste of time and money.

6. Scott says:

Who is Barry Bonds? ;) Any mention of the names Bonds or Clemens is one mention too much! I want so bad for A.J. to succeed and keep hoping that we’ll see more of good A.J. than bad A.J., but I think I am becoming too shell-shocked and always expect the worst when he is on the mound. I would gladly accept him giving us a reason to cheer.

Barry Bonds? Never heard of him, Scott. LOL. I’m sure there are Giants fans who still love him, but he’s sort of a footnote in history for me. And yes, wouldn’t we all be thrilled if A.J. had a great (okay, good) season.

8. Nadine says:

Don’t give up on A.J., Jane! I’m convinced the good A.J. will win this fight. Now he’s second in the rotation and I’m sure the bad A.J. will only be an exception. Every rule needs exceptions, doesn’t it? ;)

I’m not giving up on him, Nadine. Not to worry. He just needs to do better than he did last year and I’ll be satisfied. It’s the back of the rotation I’m obsessing about.

10. Antonella says:

I think AJ will have a big year.. Then again, I’m like you guys.. Can’t help but cheer for the guy.
    I honestly do think he’ll be okay this year, like he said in an interview recently.. He saw the “bottom” last season, he can’t be any worse than he was in ’10, right?

I’m more worried about Hughes, but that’s just me.

Isn’t Mo’s son old enough to sign yet? I say we stretch him out right now. lol

That’s what I figured, Antonella. AJ can’t have a worse year than last year. He can’t. He just can’t! And yeah, I’m worried about Hughes too and I can’t put my finger on why. I would LOVE it if Mo’s oldest son could suddenly appear in the Bronx and be a starter.